World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe or gender. We are currently working in 38 large-scale programmes in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Grants Acquisition Associate Director (1)
Position reports to the Resource Acquisition Director
Purpose of the Position:
To provide expert and experienced oversight, in positioning World Vision Zambia National Office for anticipated funding opportunities. Provide guidance and leadership to Technical Program staff on good program design and provide quality assurance in proposal development process. Serve as lead for large and complex funding proposal development processes involving technical content and complex consortium partnerships.
- Identify and lead proposal development (including design facilitation and writing) teams to pursue opportunities for funding, which are aligned with WVZL strategic priorities, in a professional and timely manner, and ensure they are administered well if successful.
- Accountable for leadership and decision making on proposal development for proposals at all value levels, both grants and non-sponsorship.
Strategy, Planning, and Reporting
- Lead the development and monitor the implementation of the grant acquisition strategy and business plan, including reporting Grants Acquisition Management metrics.
- Participate in and contribute to strategic planning and business plan development of other departments and WVZL overall to ensure synergies and effectiveness with increasing and diversifying resources.
Donor and Partner Relationships
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and WV Support Offices to identify new funding opportunities to meet funding gaps and/or growth in program/projects, which respond to needs in target communities.
- Manage relationships with WV Support Offices focused on private non-sponsorship funding. Support relationships with local funders as needed.
Proposal to Project handover
- Lead Project start-up workshops and ensure quality handover of proposal design and donor expectations/requirements to the project operations team once the proposal is funded
- Technical programming leadership and support
- Provide technical support to assigned programming and lead trainings for grants projects (pending technical capacity).
Leadership and Capacity Building
- Provide strong Servant Leadership to the Grants Acquisition Team.
- Lead, Encourage, Support, Coach and Mentor the team ensuring capacity is built and appropriate results are achieved. Coaching the team on WVI values, vision, mission and working principles as efficient and best as possible in the framework of WVZL mission and National Strategy.
- Manage the recruitment process and staff performance that are in the direct supervision (in coordination with P&C).
- Support professional and personal development of staff through on-the-job coaching, identification of learning and training needs and opportunities.
- Ensure staff’s compliance with World Vision’s policies.
- Establish clear standards of performance for all staff reporting to the position.
- Contribute to and support program activities that enrich and develop spiritual growth of staff.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in a relevant discipline (International Relations, Development studies or any other related field with over 5 years work experience in Resource mobilization
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in an international NGO
- Minimum 5 years of lead writing and design of proposals for bi-lateral or multi-lateral funding.
- Strong relevant experience in managing relation with donors and partners and understanding of key donor requirement (specifically USAID, EU, and DFID).
- Experience working in a change management situation, preferably as an active participant in that change.
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
- Proven skills and experience in project management and programme development
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- PEPFAR and/or health proposal experience and networks a strong advantage.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 30 December 2020. Please note that those who already applied need NOT reapply, as this is an extension. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!