With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Donor and Partner Relationships
- Proactively develop and nurture relationships with donors, partners, and WV Support Offices to identify new funding opportunities to meet funding gaps and/or growth in program/projects, which respond to needs in target communities.
- Support the development of donor and partner engagement materials.
Support and/or Lead Opportunity Review and Proposal Development
- Identify and lead proposal development teams to pursue opportunities for funding, which are aligned with WVZL strategic priorities, in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide support to other Grants Acquisition team members leading high value proposals.
- Reviewing funding opportunities in accordance with WVI policies (currently using the Go/ No Go tool)
- Conduct partner due diligence and partner capacity assessments in accordance with WVI policies.
Proposal to Project handover
- Lead and/or support project start-up workshops and ensure quality handover of proposal design and donor expectations/ requirements to the project operations team once the proposal is funded.
Strategy, Planning, and Reporting
- Support the development and monitor the implementation of the resource acquisition strategy and business plan, including reporting GAM metrics.
- Provide information that feed into the weekly grants acquisition report.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- University Degree in a relevant discipline (Social sciences, International development or any other related field)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in an international NGO
- Minimum of 2 years mobilising funding from bi-lateral, multi-lateral and large private funders.
- Relevant experience in managing relationships with donors and partners and understanding of key donor requirement (e.g., USAID, EU, FCDO; UNICEF; UNDP; World Bank).
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies
- Proven skills and experience in project management and programme development
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted