Website Green Safaris
Photographic safari company
Who are we?
Green Safaris is a group of likeminded individuals that together provide access to some of the world’s most remote and incredible locations. We are guided by our Green Ethos that leads us to discover new ways of doing things that have lower environmental impact and enhance our guest experience, for example our Silent Safaris on electric vehicles and boats. Together we create unique experiences of a lifetime.
What is the Purpose of the Role?
The main purpose of the General Manager is to manage the business unit and thereby create a profound guest experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of the company. It is the responsibility of the General Manager to drive and monitor every aspect of the property to a world-class standard. The role is additionally strategic in nature, and the General Manager must drive the appropriate service directives for the property and help move the business unit towards achieving broader goals.
In this capacity, guest expectations regarding the standard of service should be exceeded. In addition, the lodges need to be carefully managed so that they run in a cost-effective manner, within the agreed budget; in a manner which is conducive to positive inter-personal relationships between the lodge team; and at a superior level of efficiency.
The General Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the morale of the lodge team is kept at a high level and that employees are continuously developed on an ongoing basis.
This position reports to the Country Director.
What would I be doing?
In broad terms the General manager oversees the following key performance areas:
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing strategic management plans.
- Effective communication and liaison with individuals often not local to the lodge for the planning of guest arrivals, departures, and marketing activities of the Group
- Management and training of the lodge employees in line with Green Safaris core values and environmental management policies
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained.
- Constantly developing new ways to heighten guest experience through the implementation of existing, and development of new exceptional guest experiences.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not diluted.
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to manage payroll, interpret monthly management accounts and the confidence to present the financial and operational performance at month end calls.
- A team player who will be expected to assist in other properties from time to time to provide cover or bolster the team during busy periods.
- Oversight and contribution to the work of the Green Safaris Conservation Foundation
What experience do I need?
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience in high-end hospitality.
- Good bushcraft, troubleshooting, building, electrics & plumbing all in a remote bush setting.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
- A hardworking, co-operative manner
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Good computer literacy including a competent level of Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- A proven leader with excellent man management ability and communication skills
- A developmental approach to your team with a constant desire to upskill, empower and grow your team members.
What we offer in return:
In return for your market experience and professionalism, Green Safaris offers a range of market-beating benefits along with your basic salary.
Location: This role is based in The South Luangwa, Eastern Province, Zambia.
Basic Salary: A competitive salary which is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Full Board Accommodation whilst on duty, 24days holiday per annum, medical aid coverage (post probation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org