Website GreenCo Power Services Limited
Africa GreenCo via its operating entity GreenCo Power Services L
A. Africa GreenCo Group and GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo)
GreenCo acts as an intermediary offtaker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector offtakers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition.
GreenCo’s vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets
- An innovative, forward-looking approach to power markets with sector changing potential.
- Focused on creating impact through innovative new solutions in the energy sector.
- Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
B. The Role in Context
Impact data visualisation platform
GreenCo is implementing a project to develop the impact data visualisation platform that allows us internally and other public and private sector parties to calculate and communicate sustainable development impact with ease and sophistication.
Along with other software development projects such as (amongst others):
Africa GreenCo Official Website
GreenCo is redesigning it’s official website to meet current internet requirements and standards.
C. Key Duties
Junior Software Developer
Africa GreenCo needs dynamic and driven web developers. They will work under the supervision of a senior developer, assisting with coding, testing, design adjustments, and client reviews.
- Assisting with the creation of websites and progressive web apps
- Creation of websites & PWA
- Updating existing web applications using scripting languages (JS, PHP, HTML)
- Assist in preparation for future projects
- Work with other project team members
- Optional: Administration of Server & SQL Database
D. Qualifications and requirements
The Junior Software Developer will be expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ working experience as a software developer – superb candidates without work experience also to be considered under our internship programme
- Excellent working knowledge of English
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- A naturally curious and innovative self-starter who can work on own initiative to problem-solve
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles
- Basic-level knowledge of PHP.
- Basic-level knowledge of SQL queries and MySQL and SQL Server
- Optional but preferred: Server OS (Windows 2019) maintenance and user management
- Optional but preferred: Develop concepts for System backup & security
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills
- A portfolio of web design and projects you’ve worked on
- Critical-thinking skills
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven
E. Time Commitment and Location
Part-time or other work arrangements can also be considered.
F. Conflict of Interest
Potential conflicts of interest must be declared and discussed prior to this appointment.
We invite all interested candidates to apply online via our website at: www.africagreenco.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.africagreenco.com.