Reporting to the Senior Finance and Operations Officer, the Office Administrator will be responsible for providing comprehensive overall administrative support to the Kabwe Office. Specifically, the Office Administrator will carry out the following set of activities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. ADMINISTRATION (100%)
- Track vehicle and fuel usage monthly for business and personal trips and submit them to the Senior Finance and Operations Officer.
- Working with the Driver, ensure that all vehicles are in good condition and report all required servicing or repairs and make bookings with the respective service providers.
- Support the LOD and safeguarding Officer to ensure continued team building activities for the Kabwe Office.
- Manage transport requests and vehicle allocations in an organized manner to assist smooth business continuity.
- Support the Driver to drive staff to the field and back when need arise.
- Track the vehicle maintenance costs and submit them to the Senior Finance and Operations Officer monthly.
- Manage and monitor the use of tom cards and the replenishment of fuel.
- Support the Procurement and Logistics Officer in scheduling and coordinating travel bookings, payment for accommodation, and conferences.
- Coordinate the payment of bills (Office rentals, telephone, internet, water, electricity and any other in a timely manner.
- Manage the office petty cash.
- Handle the inventory and insurance of all organizational assets.
- Maintain the office inventory (stationery & sundries) & store records.
- Assigns responsibilities of taking and collecting/sending mail to Partners/Stakeholders.
- Ensure security and safety of organization assets and that equipment is in good working condition.
- Manage the front office and the switchboard.
- Opens and locks the office.
- Working with the Office Assistant, ensure replenishment of food and drinking water for the office.
- Other activities as per need basis and demand of the office.
Success Criteria: Indicate the metrics or other standards that will be used to measure success in this role.
- Proper maintenance and tracking of usage and costs of vehicles.
- Timely submission of annual returns.
- Cohesive team.
- Up to date vehicle roadworthiness
Typical Training & Experience
(Education, and Experience)
Education: A degree in Public Administration/Business Administration.
Years of Related Experience: At least 3 years of proven experience in a similar role.
Preferred – in addition to minimum:
- Confident and able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond to change.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Intermediate/Advanced outlook, word, excel and power point skills
Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
Safeguarding: HFHZ requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
How to Apply
Please send your letter of motivation and CV ONLY to [email protected] addressing your application to the National Director.
Kindly only apply if you meet the minimum requirements for the position. Clearly state the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ZAMBIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER