Habitat for Humanity Zambia
Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Department: HR and Administration
Job Location: Lusaka
Reports to: Human Resources Administrator
Responsible for: Driver, Office Assistant Performance review: 3 months
Responsible for providing comprehensive overall administrative support to the National Office and effective and efficient support to the Human Resource Office.
(Key areas of responsibility)
- Develop a Fleet Management Policy and monitor its compliance by all staff.
- Develop a comprehensive vehicle logbook and track vehicle and fuel usage on a monthly basis for business and personal trips and submit them to the Human Resources Administrator.
- Working with the Driver, ensure that all vehicles are in good condition and report all required servicing or repairs and make bookings with the respective service providers.
- Track the vehicle maintenance costs and submit them to the Human Resources Administrator on a quarterly basis.
- Manage and monitor the use of tom cards and the replenishment of fuel.
- Track organizational events and manage the National Director’s diary.
- Coordinate the payment of bills (Office rentals, telephone, water, electricity and any other in a timely manner.
- Manage the office petty cash float.
- Handle the inventory and insurance of all organizational assets.
- Manage the front office and the switchboard.
- Participate in the recruitment process of new staff as may be required.
- Assist the HRA in the orientation and induction of new staff when necessary.
- Process travel claims, retirements and advances for national Director’s office.
- Assist the HRA with the tracking of employee contracts and send a reminder to HRA two months prior to the end of each employee’s contract.
- Assist the HRA with accrued leave tracking and quarterly.
- Send Committee meeting invites to all committee members.
- Arrange and oversee Monday devotions.
- Arrange for international travels and prepare itineraries for staff.
- Weekly confidential and general filing
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- A degree in Public Administration/Business Administration, Human Resources
- Three (3) years proven work experience
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Confident and able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond to change.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Intermediate/Advanced outlook, word, excel and power point skills
Applicants will initially be evaluated based on documentation submitted with applications. Applicants must submit all requested documentations for them to be considered.
Send an application letter, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and updated Curriculum Vitae in a single document format, addressing your application to the National Director. Email your applications to: [email protected]
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Friday, 22nd January, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ZAMBIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, IT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN ANY WAY THROUGH OUT THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS”.
To apply for this job email your details to Habitat_HR@habitatzam.org.zm