The Media and Liaison Intern will support all aspects of the development and implementation of Habitat for Humanity Zambia communication strategy and plans. The Media and Liaison Intern will support raising the visibility of the organization and projects through the use of various media outlets and events in collaboration with the Communications Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of press packs for media and folders for key dignitaries at local events.
- Maintain media diary and support the establishment of media relationships that will raise the visibility of the organization.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of photo and video archive.
- Support the production of communication materials such as videos and high-quality photos.
- Support the boosting of social media platforms and the internet.
Policies and Safeguarding:
- Ensure awareness and compliance to policies & procedures during the role out of projects, in collaboration with the Safeguarding Focal Point Persons.
Visibility and Content Creation
- Support the development of HFHZ communications strategy and plans including key promotional messages in consultation with the Communications Specialist.
- Support the development of HFHZ publications and IEC materials such as banners, brochures, newsletters and posters.
- Support the documentation of project case studies and success stories.
- Proactively contribute to the development of content and for the websites and social media platforms.
- Support the management of internal/external corporate and local community events.
Through key performance indicators in the Media and Liaison Intern’s job plan that will be reviewed every 2 months
Typical Training and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Mass Communications, Marketing Journalism or Equivalent
Years of related work experience: Two (2) years work experience in communication, marketing or public relations.
Preferred- in addition to minimum:
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimum supervision.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to use software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
- Experienced in the creation and/or design of visual media/communications materials (print, digital, etc.).
- Experience in social media marketing.
- Fluent in English with working knowledge in Nyanja and Bemba..
Active support of HFHI Values:
Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
Safeguarding: HFHZ requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Working Conditions, Requirements, etc.
40 hours of work per week, with one hour lunch break and 2 health breaks on 20 minutes each in a day.
How to apply:
Please send your letter of motivation and CV ONLY to [email protected] addressing your application to the National Director.
Kindly only apply if you meet the minimum requirements for the position. Clearly state the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ZAMBIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to Habitat_hr@habitatzam.org.zm