Website Mika Hotels Limited
JOB TITLE: HEAD CHEF
The head chef will be responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and hygiene within the department is maintained at the highest level at all time. This role is very much hand-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or Diploma in food production with 5 years experience as a Head Chef/ combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
1. Supervise the preparation of all food.
- Ensure all food is prepared as per preparation requirements.
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas.
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Prepare daily pastry and bakery requirements as per the menu
- Be available for functions as they arise to ensure that the food is prepared and served as required.
2. Oversee and Supervise all kitchen staff
- Ensure all staff are aware of their duties and what is expected of them.
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly
3. Manage kitchen stocks
- Ensure wastage in minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygiene storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Ensure the security of all alcoholic and non alcoholic drink stocks
- Oversee the ordering and control of stock levels
4. Ensure catering staff are working safely at all times
- Ensure staff are aware of and follow safe work practices at all times
- Ensue that the kitchen is kept clean at all times
Skills and abilities required
- Experience and success in equivalent job roles
- Punctual, organized and trustworthy
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to command authority and manage other people
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Ability to solve problems and think-on-your -feet
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions
- Attention to detail
- Computer Skills – Demonstrate ability with regard to computer skills
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and contactable references. An application letter should be sent to email@example.com by the 25th August, 2017
Please indicate the job title and location in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel,
P.O Box 38836,
Only those that meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org