Website Ecobank Zambia Limited
Reporting to the Country Managing Director, the role will be responsible for advising the Bank about how the activities of the bank must comply with laws, regulations and International best practices.
- Provide advice on laws and regulations to staff, management and the board, and ensure compliance with the related requirements
- Prevent unethical, illegal or improper conduct in the Bank.
- Adhere to the Compliance Charter.
- Formulate and implement the Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP) and report findings to management and Group Compliance and ensure corrective action.
- Ensure Audit and Central Bank recommendations are implemented.
- Monitor evolution of the legal and regulatory framework and make impact analysis for the business. Ensure that, further to news changes, policies and operational procedures are updated accordingly.
- Communicate changes which may help to improve or comply with laws and regulations, best practices recommendations and internal policies pertinent to team members and impacted persons.
- Monitor and advise on all marketing documents and communication.
- Report potential issues, new business and publications on a monthly basis to Management and Group Compliance.
- Ensure liaison with local regulators,
- Prepare Compliance reports to Senior Management and the Board.
- Ensure that Compliance reporting to regulators, counter parties or partners are sent at due time with the required information and quality.
- Become a stakeholder in key projects and development initiated by the bank.
- Ensure that AML controls are performed and issues tackled with adequate measures.
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the bank,responsible for all AML/CFT cases and ensure that they are properly handled.
- Organise in-house AML/CFT and Compliance Policy trainings to staff
- Ensure that KYC documents provided by clients are complete and regularly updated where required
- Participate actively in industry working groups and represent Ecobank view and interests
- Review AML/CFT related wording in agreements
- Interact with people from other departments and communicate with them the issues related to compliance.
- Update the standards of conduct and develop periodical reviews to ensure continuing currency.
- Initiates, investigate procedures in case, there is a violation of procedures, policies, rules or regulations.
- Advise the compliance officers of emerging compliance issues and consult and guide them in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
- Recommend changes in bank policies to meet compliance regulations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or bachelor degree in finance, accounting, business management, legal or another related field.
- Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIA, ACA, ACAMS (USA).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial services or banking, with at least 2 years in Compliance.
- Background in legal, accounting or audit
- In-depth knowledge of local/regional financial regulatory requirements.
- Ability to understand, interpret and adapt legal and regulatory requirements to the business
- Must be able to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, courts, and external consultants
- Certification as a Compliance Professional (CCP/ CCO) will be an added advantage
SKILLS, CAPABILITIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must as it is necessary to relay alternative solutions regarding compliance issues to the Management and other staff members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Capacity to add efficiencies to the organisation.
- Strong communication skills to motivate and develop other teams, conduct full time formal training, influence at senior levels, provide professional counseling, manage sensitive internal and external information and relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure in a competitive environment
- Result oriented and self – starting attitude.
- Ability to use basic computer software.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environment,
Please email your CV to JHRZambia@ecobank.com by close of business on Friday 18th August 2017. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to JHRZambia@ecobank.com