DEPARTMENT : Marketing
VACANCY : Head – Consumer Segments
LEVEL : Senior Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
JOB PURPOSE :
To create sustainable, profitable, market volume and value growth across consumer markets.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE :
1. Conduct revenue performance analysis of the segments to increase Revenue Market Share & Customer Market share.
2. Develop and maintain compelling prepaid propositions for different segments including mass, High Value Customers (HVC) and youth.
3. Develop and execute action plans to increase segment penetration and revenue.
4. Plan, lead, and direct consumer acquisition initiatives in close collaboration with the sales and distribution department as per Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
5. Conduct alternative channel acquisition initiatives in collaboration with relevant departments.
6. Drive Affinity and Top of Mind Awareness for the various segments.
7. Drive team performance and engagement.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent.
- An MBA with a focus on Marketing, Economics or Business Administration.
Relevant Experience :
- Scientific Marketing experience.
- Exposure to managing segments.
- 8-10 years of work experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience in Telecom marketing.
- A minimum of 3 years in Management role.
- Sound understanding of generic Telco customer facing applications.
- Extensive knowledge of telecom workflows to ensure effective integration on different product & system platforms.
- Creating a highly effective team.
- Understanding and experience in systems integration.
- Must be a member of the Zambian Institute of Marketing.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POST :
- Must have strong business and commercial acumen.
- Understanding of consumer behavior for products and services.
- Delighting the customers.
- Entrepreneurial ability.
- Strong technical aptitude & IT savvy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Project management skills.
- Inductive reasoning and fluency of ideas.
- Results oriented.
- Customer centric approach.
- Strong analytical skills able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected] The closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 15th May 2023.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.