Zambia National Building Society
Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) is a provider of sustainable and affordable Mortgage Financing, Property Management and Banking Services in Zambia. The Society is looking for the services of an experienced, self-motivated, dynamic and energetic person to fill the position of Head Credit to be based at Head Office, Lusaka.
Position: Head Credit – ZNBS 3
The purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for the end to end credit life cycle for the loan portfolio as well as related policies, procedures and controls. The job holder will also ensure that all relevant areas of credit risk are identified, monitored, measured and reported effectively and regularly and that the appropriate management structures, processes, and policies are in place to manage credit risks in terms of the Board risk appetite, metrics and policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to the credit risk function of the Society and ensures that risk appetite is within parameters as per Board approval.
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of the Society’s credit control policies, credit documentation, procedures, reporting and systems.
- Responsible for the identification, analysis and monitoring of the key drivers of credit risk.
- Assigns Delegated Lending Authority (DLA) to approved staff, to ensure compliance, quality and containment of risk.
- Lead the provision of expert advice and support services throughout the network in relation to more complex loans or applications that fall outside DLA levels.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to, maximum delegation limits and/or DIA policies.
- Authorises the presentation of lending applications that require approval under the Credit Committee or Board DLA.
- Manages all staff related lending applications for Senior Management and monitors all other staff lending.
- Construct, implement and monitor the Collection and Recoveries Strategy for the Society.
- Ensure debt recovery procedures are fully effective and all available recovery options are utilised to maximise recovery outcomes.
- Provides timely reporting and commentary to Management and the Board of Directors on portfolio performance and key trends.
- Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet the Society’s requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and overall training of staff within the credit function to ensure competence in respect of their understanding of credit risk.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements within the credit function to ensure that accurate and thorough data is availcble to support high quality analysis.
- Own and drive credit risk related strategic proiects to a high quality and ensure timely delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration,
- Economics, Accountancy, BanKing and Finance or related discipline;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is advantageous.
- Professional Certification in Credit Management or a related discipline is preferred.
- 7 years managerial experience in Credit management
Required competencies/Personal qualities
- Demonstrated excellent strategic and business acumen skills;
- Demonstrated level of integrity, obiectivity and independence of thought
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team;
- Proven knowledge of credit risk management in the banking and financial sector;
- Strong credit management experience and;
- Demonstrated analytical and decision making skill.
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), with three (3) trcceable references and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned by 4th July, 2020 with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 3rd Floor, Cairo Road
P O Box 30420, LUSAKA
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.