Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS)
The Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) seeks to recruit qualified, skilled, motivated, and energetic individuals fo fill positions of Head Information and Communication Technology under the Opeations and Banking and Mortgage Directorates.
Head Infomation and Communication Technology – Lusaka (ZNBS 3)
To oversee all strategic and operational aspects of all ICT furctions for the Society. The individual will lead a team of IT professionals and will drive the company’s technology strategy in line with the Society’s Corporate Strategic Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
To set strategies, objectives and work plar for the ICT department in line with the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- To develop and implement suitable technologies to streamline all internal business operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- To design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience as well as reduced operating costs.
- To develop and implement ICT policies in line with the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- To plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the Society.
- To aporove the purchases of technology equipment and software to support the business and establish pcrtnerships with IT providers.
- TO oversee the overall ICT infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance (availability, stability and scalability).
- To direct and organize all IT-related projects.
- To monitor changes or advancements in technology and provide solutions for the company to gain competitive advantage.
- To ensure risks/security measures and disaster recovery capabilities are identified and managed to ensure the Society’s ICT assets and data are protected.
- To ensure electronic data storage infrastructure is in poce to keep/store and retrieve Society electroric information and maintain its integrity.
- To analyse the costs, value and risks of information fechnology and advise management of the suggested actions.
- To ensure acceptable level of IT service provision to the Business
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Operations Officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full grade twelve certificate with five O’ levels
- Minimurn Degree in relevant field, such as BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience with proven record of success at senior level in ICT
- Experience in the Banking and Financial Services sector is an advantage but not an absolute necessity
- At professional certifications/accreditotions (Networking, IT Security, Database, IT Governance etc…)
Required competencies/Personal qualities
- Good planning, organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to organise teams to achieve business objectives
- Strong business and strategic acumen
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems
- Risk and Security Management skills
- Technical competence in networking
- Technical competence in Databases and Systems development environments (Ruby on Rails, PHP, HTML, MySQL, SQL, Linux)
- Thorough understanding of Server based Operating systems and applications.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
Appropriately qualified and interesied candidates meeting the above credenlials must submit application letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professiona/qualifications to the undersigned by Tuesday 1st December 2020 7:00 hours, with the position applied for learly marked on the envelope.
Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 3rd Floor, Cairo Road
P O Box 30420, LUSAKA
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.