We are a not for profit organisation seeking to mitigate the effects of HIV/Aids in our communities by providing quality education to the orphaned and vulnerable children. The ministry owns a community school at which we are also running a feeding program, nutritional clinics for malnourished children and women empowerment programs for the care givers of the children attending our school.
A vacancy has now fallen for a well-qualified and experienced head teacher. The successful candidate will take up the appointment on 1st March, 2016.
The school offers a well-rounded education and aims to be strong not only academic but in sport, outdoor pursuits and extracurricular activities and most importantly that all children who pass through the school come to know the Lord Jesus and accept him as Lord of their lives.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- A Diploma in education
- A fluent English speaker
- A proven and traceable education track record
- Prior leadership experience in similar position
- Advanced understanding of employment procedures, administrative and financial management of a school
- Knowledge and skills of leading a team and knowing how best to use expert advice
- Outstanding leadership skill underpinned by energy and drive and the ability to work productively with the board and all staff
In addition the Principal should be able to demonstrate experience at leading teacher development in pedagogy, school planning, and policy adherence resulting in improved student outcomes and increased student progression
- He/she should be able to demonstrate ability to collect and use student data to lead school development and report to key stakeholders on school progress
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate financial and managerial experience including adherence to school policy, education department directives and NGO compliance
- Must have a Proven ability to lead staff and community in a Godly manner that builds a true Christ cantered school community in all aspects.
If you feel you are the rightful candidate for this challenging position and feel called by the Lord to serve him in this place please respond in writing of no more than 4 typed A4 pages addressing the selection criteria including situation action and outcome for each criteria. Each criteria does not have to be restricted to one example and rich examples can be used. You are also encouraged to project your skills into a community School context. Attach also your CV of no more than 4 pages and referee must include current line manager plus two others, a grade twelve certificate (credit or better) to the Advertiser, P.O Box 72110 Ndola or you can Email to [email protected] by 13th December, 2017. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com