A reputable Commercial Bank in Zambia is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative persons to fill the following position(s):
Reporting to Managing Director, s/he will perform the responsibility of:
- Strategic management of the Bank’s balance sheet
- Provides Pricing and advisory services Bank-wide
- Ensure investment bookings are in accordance with policy
- Advise treasury operations on investments to book
- Advise credit admin on CP and BA assets, Commercial notes
- Monitoring of investment maturity date
- Ensures rates applied on investments and assets are in accordance with the Bank’s ruling rates.
- Supervise the dealing/ trading in interbank foreign exchange markets and Money Markets.
- Provide advisory services to bank customers on products, rates and other FOREX information.
- Negotiate and transact FOREX deals (swaps, forwards. etc) with correspondent banks and co-ordinate settlement.
- Monitor price/rate movements on foreign currencies.
- Monitor and analyze development in the environment and their implications on FOREX deals for management information.
- Perform other functions as assigned by Management.
Qualification and Skills:
- First degree in any relevant discipline.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Banking & Finance and professional qualification will be an added advantage
- ACI certification
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a bank/asset management institution with a minimum of 4 years in Treasury. Experience in financial consulting and research will be an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of treasury products – SWAPS, Futures, Forwards, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of treasury techniques – ALM techniques, VAR techniques, hedging, etc.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Good Customer Service / Relationship Management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong Financial Analysis / Interpretation capabilities.
- Knowledge & understanding of money and financial markets.
- Banking Operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Treasury Management.
- Liquidity/Cash flow Management.
- Investment risk/ Return appraisal.
- Portfolio management.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and policies.
- Knowledge of trends in the financial services industry.
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration skills
- Strategic Focus
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application. Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 15th February, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be e-mailed to: [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org