Health Information System Program Zambia Limited (HISP ZM)
Health Information Systems Program (HISP)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
A. General Information
Health Information Systems Program Zambia Ltd (HISP) is requesting proposals from qualified Certified Public Accounting firms to audit financial statements of USAID Resources Managed by HISP and audit of general purpose financial statements for the fiscal year ended 31st December 2020, with the option of auditing its financial statements for subsequent fiscal years for the purpose of expressing an opinion as to whether the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position, changes in net assets, and cash flows of HISP in conformity with the Standard Statement of Work (SOW) attached hereto.
There is no expressed or implied obligation for HISP Zambia to reimburse, to responding firms for any expenses incurred in preparing proposals in response to this request.
During the evaluation process, HISP Zambia reserves the right, where it may serve HISP Zambia’s interest, to request additional information or clarification from firms submitting proposals, or to make oral presentations as part of the evaluation process.
B. Term of Engagement
It is the intent of HISP Zambia to contract for the services of an auditing firm to audit its financial statements for the fiscal year ended 31st December 2020. HISP Zambia reserves the right to extend the term of this contract for one-year terms subject to the satisfactory negotiation of terms, including a price acceptable to both HISP Zambia and the selected firm.
II. NATURE OF SERVICES REQUIRED
A. Annual Audit
HISP Zambia seeks to engage an audit firm to conduct an audit of Financial Statements of HISP Zambia for the fiscal year ended 31st December 2020.
The auditor will also be expected to communicate findings of any significant deficiencies and material weaknesses in internal controls in a management letter.
B. Auditing Standards to be Followed
To meet the requirements of this Request for Proposals, the audit shall be performed in accordance with the objectives and general statement of work outlined in the Standard Statement of Work.
C. Working Paper Retention
All working papers and reports must be retained at the auditor’s expense for a minimum of Seven (7) years, unless the firm is notified in writing by HISP Zambia of the need to extend the retention period. The auditor will be required to make working papers available to HISP Zambia upon request. In addition, the firm shall respond to the reasonable inquiries of successor auditors and allow successor auditors to review working papers relating to matters of continuing accounting significance.
D. Irregularities and Illegal Acts
Auditors shall be required to make an immediate, written report of all irregularities and illegal acts or indications of illegal acts of which they become aware to the following parties: HISP Zambia board and the management.
HISP Zambia employs a staff of 7 individuals.
F. Accounting System
HISP Zambia uses QuickBooks software.
G. Availability of Prior Reports and Work Papers
Prior Reports will be made available to the Auditor.
IV. TIME REQUIREMENTS
A. Proposal Calendar
The following is a list of projected key dates up to, and including, the date audit is to be completed:
Dec 20, 2020 Request for proposal issued
Dec 30, 2020 at 12:00hrs Due date for proposals
Jan 2021 05 – 01, 2021 Selection process
15 Jan , 2021 Contract awarded
January 20, 2021 Review and planning meeting
February 1 – 5, 2021 Field work
February 10, 2021 Final Draft report due
February 22, 2021 Final report due
B. Tentative Dates to Start Audit
HISP Zambia will have its books closed and fieldwork can start once the contract is signed. Documentation of systems of internal control and transaction testing should be completed during interim stage. A required list of documents should be presented soon after review and planning meeting.
C. Date Reports Are Due
The auditing firm should be available for any meetings that may be necessary to discuss the draft audit reports. Once the reports are completed, the audited financial statements and other reports shall be delivered to HISP by 3rd March 2021.
V. ASSISTANCE TO BE PROVIDED TO THE AUDITING FIRM
A. Clerical Assistance and Work Area
The accounting staff will be available during the audit to assist the firm by providing information, documentation, and explanations. HISP Zambia will provide the auditor with reasonable workspace.
B. Report Preparation
Report preparation, editing, printing, binding shall be the responsibility of the auditor.
VI. PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
A. General Requirements
General requirements include the following:
1. Inquiries concerning the Request for Proposals must be made via email to: [email protected] and by telephone on the following numbers: +260977303114+260969287603
2. Submit two (2) copies of the proposal by mail to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer and one (1) copy sent via email to:[email protected] HISP reserves the right to reject any or all proposals submitted.
3. The firm must be on the USAID Regional Inspector General Regular Status or Conditional Status list of Audit Firms.
4. To qualify the firm must have experience in audits of USAID Funds and not-for-profit organizations.
5. The firm should state the size of the firm, the location of the office from which the work on this engagement is to be performed, and the number and title of the professional staff to be employed in this engagement
6. Provide a list of not less than three client references for USAID and nonprofit clients. For each reference listed provide the name of the organization, address, and telephone number of the responsible person within the reference’s organization. HISP Zambia reserves the right to contact any or all the listed references regarding the audit services performed by the auditing firm.
7. Identify the principal supervisory and management staff, including engagement partners, managers, other supervisors, and specialists who would be assigned to this engagement and their experience.
8. The proposal should set forth a work plan, including an explanation of the audit methodology to be followed, to perform the services required in this request for proposal and Standard Statement of Work.
9. A copy of the firm’s most recent peer review report.
B. Contents of Cost Proposal
1. The proposal should contain all pricing information relative to performing the audit engagement as described in this request for proposals. The total all-inclusive maximum price to be bid is to contain all direct and indirect costs.
2. Payment will be made after HISP approves the final report.
VII. EVALUATION PROCEDURES
A. Review of Proposals
HISP Zambia staff will evaluate submitted proposals.
All the participating firms will be notified, in writing, whether the firm was awarded the contract.
We appreciate the time and consideration given to this request for proposal for professional auditing services and believe this accurately summarizes the significant terms of the services requested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org