Website Healthy Learners
School Health for a Brighter Future
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Officer. The successful candidate will join our Head office team in Lusaka.
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. We partner directly with the government and local communities in Zambia so that school children can stay healthy, learn effectively and have a brighter future. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. School going children now receive medical attention in substantially greater numbers, improving their health outcomes and reducing absenteeism. We currently serve 300,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola, Kitwe, Kabwe and Solwezi, and we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. www.healthylearners.com
POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER (1) LUSAKA: FULL TIME
This position will report to the Finance Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The role of the Finance Officer is to support the finance unit in the day-to-day running of all financial matters of the head office. S/he will provide timely efficient and effective finance support tasks including the receipt and disbursement of funds maintaining accurate financial records, preparing financial reports and supporting the implementation of Healthy Learners’ shined financial policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Finance Manager (at Head office) to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures throughout the Healthy Learners.
- Review payment schedules for transactions, including trainings, meetings and other activities taking place to ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation.
- Review funding requests and invoices for accuracy with completeness.
- Review and verify vendor legitimacy prior to payment request; ensure that all selected vendors meet our organizational requirements and have physical locations where they can be traced.
- Counter check receipts, other financial documentation for completeness
- Compile, review and submit petty cash requests, retirements
- Deposit all cash receipts from retirements and other receipts in the organization’s bank account.
- Manage the financial filing system.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Tracking of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Minimum Degree in accounting or equivalent from a recognized institution
- A degree in finance, ACCA, CIMA, and any finance-related qualifications from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience. NGO work experience is an added advantage.
- Must be a registered and paid up member of ZICA.
- Must have a clean driving license.
- Comprehensive cash management skills to handle, disburse and record all transactions.
- Working knowledge of finance packages i.e. Quickbooks, pastel, etc.
- Strong Computer skills especially Microsoft Excel skills and solid proficiency in common offiGooglelications,i.e Adobe/Word/Outlook, google.
- High level of integrity, humility, positive attitude and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail, Action-oriented, flexible.
- Excellent organizational and management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
HOW TO APPLY: By clicking on the link below: Send your detailed CV which includes three referees, qualification certificates and cover letter that states why you think you should be selected for this job, to The People and Culture Manager, Lusaka,
Click here to apply or the apply button below.
Closing date: 19th September 2022.
State in the subject line the position you are applying for, e.g. Finance Officer Application.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted due to the numerous applications.