Website Healthy Learners
School Health for a Brighter Future
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serve over 500,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola and Kitwe, Kabwe and Solwezi, where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified talented and dedicated professional to fill the position of Logistics and Fleet Officer to be based in Lusaka.
POSITION: LOGISTICS & FLEET OFFICER (1) LUSAKA – FULL TIME
PURPOSE OF JOB
The candidate will work closely with the Administration and Logistics Manager to strengthen, implement, and own day-to-today supply chain operations and vehicle fleet management. S/he will be responsible for ensuring smooth processes, effective distribution of products and services, and a well-managed fleet. The Logistics and fleet officer will also work closely with Program and administrative staff to forecast needs, ensure comprehensive reporting. This is a hands on position that requires excellent attention to detail.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supply Chain Management
- Implement day-to-day supply chain activities and processes for the transportation of goods.
- Support the Administration and Logistics Manager, Program Coordinators to effectively integrate logistics with program processes and activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal/external contacts to ensure necessary approvals.
- Track shipment details, locations, and the estimated time of arrival.
- Respond to shipping matters, lost items, and damages, resolve scheduling disputes.
- Execute contractual obligations with third-party services, especially on transport and warehousing needs
- Ensure regular review & evaluation of services provided by thirds parties, adherence to the standards
- Assist warehouse specialists and other team members when needed to meet the schedule for the shipment
- Collect, manage and report supply-chain and vehicle fleet management data and files.
- Report ongoing performance matters.
Fleet Tracking and Management
- Supervise drivers and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Conduct orientations for new drivers; recommend training needs for existing drivers as required.
- Coordinate the day-to-day allocation of vehicles for all logistical needs; work with the Program Coordinators to assign drivers to scheduled activities.
- Consolidate driver schedules and optimize resource utilization.
- Oversee route scheduling for multi-drop and pick-up of staff.
- Work with the Administration and Logistics Manager to develop and implement strategies for greater fuel efficiency and to reduce logistics-related costs.
- Ensure that drivers and passengers comply with Healthy Learners policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations; implement and enforce transportation scheduling and policy changes.
- Ensure all statutory vehicle licenses and requirements are up to date at all times; register and license all the company’s newly purchased vehicles.
- Ensure accurate logs of all cars based (vehicle list, overall condition of vehicles, issue list, repair history, fuel logs, mileage logs, tire averages, etc.)
- Ensure that all vehicle incidents are reported, conclusively resolved, and filled.
- Prepare fuel analysis and consumption reports. Follow up on fuel card issuance and retrieval.
- Prepare periodic reports for all logistics and fleet activities.
- Ensure vehicles are regularly inspected and effectively maintained.
- Schedule maintenance and repairs of vehicles; ensure regular preventive maintenance and serve
- Work with the Administration and Logistics Manager and Procurement Department to coordinate with vendors for any repairs, maintenance, or other services.
- Maintain detailed updated records of vehicles’ maintenance & inspection schedules; record and effectively track parts replacements and repairs.
- Execute & coordinate all vehicle insurance claims.
QUALIFICATION, COMPETENCES & SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Logistics, or related studies.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience as a logistics/supply chain professional.
- Membership in an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute and Logistics and Transport, or Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply management is required.
- Proven experience working in Procurement and logistics and supply chain management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of logistics and supply chain processes and procedures.
- Previous work experience in NGO procedures, costs, and major donor regulations is an added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical regulations related to fleet management and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent ethical and integrity standards.
- Strong attention to detail. Energetic, self-motivated, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge and utilization of accounting and supply chain software is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties is a plus.
How to Apply: Complete an application form in the link below and submit your CV and cover letter. Only applications filed through this process will be considered.
Application Link: Click here
Closing date: 19th November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted due to the numerous applications.