Website Healthy Learners
School Health for a Brighter Future
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serve over 500,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola and Kitwe, Kabwe and Solwezi, where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified talented and dedicated professional to fill the position of Procurement Manager to be based in Lusaka.
POSITION: PROCUREMENT MANAGER (1) LUSAKA – FULL TIME
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Procurement Manager will spearhead the overall purchasing process. This includes, but is not limited to, areas such as vendor selection, stock optimization, and guidance on sourcing and procurement processes and procedures. This position will work closely with the Vice President- Administration and Supply Chain Management to strategize and manage suppliers/vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and reduce procurement expenses. A successful candidate will have strong expertise in both supply chain and procurement. S/he should have in depth experience in implementing cost-effective purchases, implementing effective controls, and adhering to the organization’s policies and procedures on supply chain management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sourcing and Procurement Oversight
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective procurement department.
- Establish performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting Healthy Learners’ sourcing processes.
- Analyze current sourcing procedures; propose improvements to increase the efficiency of the supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Supervise and maintain procurement systems fully compliant with global standard operating procedures and organizational policies; ensure tong controls are in place to prevent fraud and mismanagement.
- Manage the sourcing plans in collaboration with various departments ensuring clarity of the specifications and expectations of the Healthy Learners.
- Provide pricing, quantity units, quality, and delivery requirements information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
- Review purchase requisitions and vendor comparison matrices purchase orders before submitting them for approval.
- Manage the processing and tracking of bid analysis, purchase orders, and vendor recommendations.
- Support management in crafting Negotiation strategies with contractors and suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Manage, Organize and confirm deliveries ensuring quality and timelines for all goods or services and reconciling any invoice discrepancies.
- Manage systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
Contracting Process Management
- Act as a lead for engineering contracting changes and vendor review procedures; review and interpret contracts provided by vendors and recommend necessary changes or approval.
- Conduct final document reviews for accuracy, reliability, and documentation flow before approval.
- Ensure timely and orderly material and production flow and transitions.
- Manage procurement records for safety, appropriate filing, and easy retrieval when needed and during audits.
- Lead efforts for building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Protect the sourcing processes and activities from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Review and revise internal service level agreements for approval.
- Manage the tracking of contract validity and recommend non/renewal, amendments or termination
- Manage the monitoring of contractors and supplier performance.
- Prepare instance and periodic reports on all procurement activities.
- Ensure every procurement activity is completed in adherence to local and international standard practices, policies, donor regulations, and framework requirements.
Strategy and Policy Adherence
- Develop procurement policies and strategies that are inventive and continuously improve Healthy Learners’ cost cost-effectiveness in all sourcing processes with attention to detail for high-risk, high-value complex.
- Control the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Review and recommend the latest changes to internal, and external, policies, laws, and regulations, to stay abreast with the latest sourcing trends
- Perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money including internal resource forecasting, market research, cost estimates, and engaging reliable vendors and suppliers
- Track and report unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies on key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related studies
- Masters degree in the relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience as purchasing professional
- Must be a Member of an appropriate professional body such as the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply management is required.
- Prior USAID or other international donor/NGO work experience is preferred.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access, powerpoint).
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and strategic thinking skills.
- Highly organized, disciplined, good management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of complex sourcing processes. Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Local purchasing order systems and related software
- Excellent ethical and integrity standards. Strong interpersonal, communication, and Leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply: Complete the application form in the link below and submit your CV and cover letter. Only applications filed through this process will be considered.
Application Link: Click here
Closing date: 19th November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted due to the numerous applications.