Website Healthy Learners
School Health for a Brighter Future
The position will coordinate local procurement activities and processes to acquire goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. The individual’s knowledge and experience will allow him/her to successfully coordinate the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities and ensure stewardship, integrity transparency, and accountability
- Manage procurement procedures and systems
- Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of procurement systems and procedures and recommend improvements
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with Healthy Learners’ procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements
- Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services
- Procure and ensure timely, efficient and cost effective supply of goods and services to user projects / departments in accordance with internal policies and procedures as well as donor requirements.
- Prepare solicitation documents to potential vendors/suppliers to facilitate selection of suitable suppliers of goods and services
- Develop and manage list of qualified vendors of goods and services
- Prepare purchase orders for sanctioning by management after requisitions have been authorised and promptly dispatch approved orders to concerned suppliers
- Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation
- Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
- Review contracts for lease agreements, vendor and supplier contracts
- Review all purchase requisitions and cross check with price targets to ensure that all specifications are clear and corresponding authorizations have been obtained and attached.
- Ensure effective and timely preparation of bidding documents in order to facilitate bid invitations and tender evaluations and awards.
Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality as well as ensure that they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions as well as handle issues if needed.
- Develop and implement systems and processes that ensure full and complete documentation of receipt and distribution of procured goods.
- Communicate with various program and operation units to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability.
- Liaise with counterparts at partner organizations to ensure effective and efficient collaboration on all matters related to procurement, including when space and resources are shared
- Monitor and review administration of construction related activities
- Support Administration to ensure inventory systems are implemented and well managed within the office
- Review asset registers and conduct asset counts
- Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing & Supply or other related field.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with a non-governmental organization
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
Technical Skills and Experience
- Procurement strategy formulation, implementation and monitoring
- Procurement policies and procedure
- Supplies and materials management
- Vendor management
- Annual procurement planning
- Procurement documentation management
- Ability to effectively manage of procurement committee meetings
- Procurement negotiations
- Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specifications.
- Experience in and understanding of risk management
- Professional certification a plus
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Level 4 is an added advantage
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures is a plus
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions
- Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable
- Strong planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Proactive, results-oriented and able to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Emotional maturity, patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good writing skills
- Humility and willingness to regularly receive constructive feedback
- Flexible and open to change
Interested applicants should email their cv and 1 page cover letter to [email protected]
Note: You can learn more about our work by visiting www.healthylearners.org