Website Healthy Learners
School Health for a Brighter Future
PROGRAM EXPANSION COORDINATOR (1) NDOLA – FULL TIME
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serve over 500,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola and Kitwe, Kabwe, Livingstone, Mazabuka and Solwezi, where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified professional to fill the position of Program Expansion Coordinators to be based in; Ndola.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Operations and Management
- Work closely with the Director of Program-Expansion to develop, manage and review work plans and budgets related to the establishment of the program in new districts;
- Work closely with the Director of Program-Expansion and Program Coordinator to ensure systems and tools are in place for effective project planning, budgeting, preparation, start-up, implementation, and monitoring;
- Ensure program activities and related expenditures are completed on time, and in line with the budget;
- Oversee implementation of quality control measures, procedures for expansion programs in earmarked districts.
- Work with the Director of Program Expansion to provide technical guidance on the program and its implementation in new sites;
- Work closely with the Program Expansion team to effectively implement activities during the expansion phase in earmarked districts;
- Ensure district expansion teams implement knowledge-management and sharing tools and platforms;
- Ensure requirements of Healthy Learners’ Child Safeguarding Policy are fully complied by all staff and partners in the respective districts;
- Help serve as key liaison individual between administration, M&E, finance, and other program staff.
- Support Director of Program Expansion in planning and conducting initial scoping of earmarked districts;
- Work closely with the Regional Program Coordinator/Officers to support the transition schools from set – up phase to ongoing sustain phase.
- Join the construction team in conducting inspections on Quality of works in the schools and report.
- Collaborate with the construction team to communicate status updates arising at the sites with Construction.
- Support the Program Coordinator with Stakeholder Engagement and conflict resolution as assigned.
- Support training of contractors before the commencement of building works.
Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Help to ensure the effective implementation of M&E work-plans and monitoring tools within new districts.
- Support the M&E Team and district staff in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities related to the expansion of the program;
- Ensure effective data collection and tracking of indicators related to program expansion.
- With the M&E team and the Director of Program Expansion, help to develop expansion process targets and benchmarks;
- Regularly review progress on indicators and achievement of targets within assigned districts; ensure timely reporting and resolution any issues or challenges;
- Discuss monitoring findings from assigned districts during program set-up meetings;
- Review M&E reports to highlight key project strengths and areas of improvement through action plans; use learnings from program data and stakeholder feedback to improve implementation.
Staff Management and Development
- Supervise Program expansion team in earmarked districts during setup – phase, ensuring they have clear work plans and objectives and receive timely feedback and reviews.
- Promote, strengthen and maintain Healthy Learners’ culture and values across assigned district offices
- Manage the performance of assigned staff through the effective use of the performance management system, Key Performance Indicators and ongoing mentoring/coaching.
- Lead internal and external facilitator to facilitate school health program training and orientation.
- Establish and maintain strong collaboration and coordination with relevant district stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of the program;
- Help to prepare for donor and member visits to ensure project progress is showcased as per the standards.
QUALIFICATION, COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
- Minimum Degree in Social sciences/ Social work and/ or Public Health
- Minimum 5 years relevant work of experience from NGO is added advantage and a track record of senior level responsibilities. Experience working on community health programs is a plus.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Experience in managing Trainings is another added advantage.
- Must have a valid driver’s
- Must have Strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and as a team
- Proficient computer skills especially in google, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to program management. Good project management skills.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise mid-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and effectively implement organization strategies.
- Track record of effectively managing a complex array of programs and demonstrated capacity and prior experience in managing the personnel, administrative and logistical functions of programs and projects;
- Proven ability to prepare and effectively monitor budgets, work plans and reports
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to lead and work in teams
- Strong experience in planning and fiscal management. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, consistent in setting, prioritizing and meeting realistic deadlines, with attention to detail;
- Unwavering commitment to quality service delivery and data-driven program evaluation.
- Experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Possesses humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Ability to operate as a tactical and operational thinker. Passion for Healthy Learners’ Vision & Mission.
- Willingness to spend significant time traveling between provincial program sites.
How to Apply: Complete an application form in the link below and submit your CV and cover letter. Only applications filed through this process will be considered.
Closing date: 22nd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted due to the numerous applications.