Website Heartlands Best Zambia
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and repairs on all vehicles, trucks and earth-moving machines.
Reporting To: Workshop Foreman
- Investigate, diagnose and perform related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements
- Able to rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies and systems including Engines, Transmissions, Suspension
- Conduct inspections, report engine failures, replace parts and systems and ensure adherence to service guides
- Checking, repairing, maintaining, and overhauling vehicles.
- Repairing defective engines or engine components and service vehicles to maintain functionality.
- Monitor vehicle performance post- service or repairs
- Carry out a diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of trucks, Light vehicles, Earthmoving, Tractors and equipment in a safe, timely, and professional manner
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults, and concerns to Workshop Foreman. Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Five years minimum experience in a similar position with a reputable company
- Minimum Advanced Certificate/ Technician – Automotive Mechanics
- Previous experience in repair of Iveco, Benz, Ford, Caterpillar, John Degree is an added advantage.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and conduct repairs independently
- Excellent knowledge, Exposure and Experience with Gensets from 20KVA to 500KVA
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
Note: Apply by attaching One PDF Document which should have your cover letter, CV, Relevant qualification, Grade 12, NRC, Essential Certificates and any other qualifications that may be relevant to this role
Closing Date: 25th October 2023
Female are highly encouraged to Apply.