Website Heartlands Best Zambia
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of all Light vehicles, Trucks, Tractors and Earthmoving machines.
Reporting To: Site Electrical Instrumentation Engineer
- Ensure that the entire fleet is in excellent running condition all the time for maximum equipment availability and reliability
- Assisting to organize, co-ordinate and control effective deployment of the Workshop Staff to reduce downtime of machinery
- Identify faults and maintain fleet vehicles and tractors in good working order by following the preventive and corrective maintenance schedules according to OEM and company standard
- Must have full understanding of Pneumatic systems for trucks and trailers
- Assist in the development and review of the maintenance Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily inspections on all fleet machinery and equipment, according to checklist
- Attending to vehicles breakdown during and after working hours, in and out of normal workstation. Supervision of delegated tasks to all technicians in the workshop
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure
- Ensure that the Workshop is maintained in a clean, orderly and safe manner and that SHEQ standards are adhered to
- Ensure Uptime Workshop Report is Submitted on a weekly basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma or better in Automotive Mechanics or Auto Electrical from a reputable institution
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience as an Auto Electrician in a busy workshop and 4 years at supervisory level.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Understand fundamental electrical principles as they apply to truck and motor vehicle electrical systems. Understand the working principles of electronically controlled engines, fuel systems and transmissions plus associated wiring systems and components.
- Be experienced in using diagnostics equipment to assess faults related to electronic controls of all kinds on earthmoving, trucks and light vehicles. Have knowledge and experience of repair methods for starter motors, alternators and any other repairable component found on light vehicles, Earthmoving and trucks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Benz, Iveco, Ford and Toyota fleet mechanical and electronic systems is an added advantag
- Excellent knowledge, Exposure and Experience with Gensets ranging from 20KVA to 500KVA
- Must possess intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office (word & Excel)
Note: Apply by attaching One PDF Document which should have your cover letter, CV, Relevant qualification, Grade 12, NRC, Essential Certificates and any other qualifications that may be relevant to this role
Closing Date: 25th January, 2024.
Female are highly encouraged to Apply.