Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit highly committed employees for the position of Heavy Duty Mechanic – Ancillary to join the Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor – Ancillary, you will be responsible for the establishment of preventive and responsive maintenance and development within the maintenance area, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consistent monitoring of systems and processes to achieve optimal truck maintenance and productivity. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and diagnose to determine extent of repair required.
- Monitor the compliance with the requirements of Maintenance trades on electrical & hydraulic systems
- Maintain records of equipment repaired along with time spent on such equipment.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using appropriate tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Maintain a schedule for planned maintenance on all equipment providing for lubrication, replacement of parts.
- Achievement of maintenance targets in the most cost-effective manner within budgets.
- Transfer of technical knowledge to the position and to the team members.
- Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Craft Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience preferably in a multi-pit mining industry
- Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar, Bell and Komatsu equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic, pneumatic and hydro-electrical systems.
- Ability to keep records of repairs, time and parts used for the servicing of heavy, special purpose automotive equipment, and to make related reports.
- Member of The Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and innovative
- Must have a valid Driver’s License