Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR TECHNICIAN (x4)
This position reports to the Foreman Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Purpose of this position
To ensure mobile mining equipment is maintained in a safe, proactive and cost-effective manner by utilising all resources for intended purposes within the allocated period.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Required to adhere to all policies, procedures and statutory regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the position.
- Carry out all maintenance works on electro-hydraulic/Mechanical drill rigs, Dump Trucks, loaders or general services machines including rebuilds
- Carryout mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components repairs as required
- Carry out condition monitoring functions as required on the assigned machines
- Root cause analysis of any failures on equipment & and repair or recommend solutions
- Promote good working relations between operations and maintenance
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Craft certificate or better in Heavy Equipment Repairs (HER) or any other equivalent field under mechanical engineering from a recognised Institution Tertiary Education in relevant field
- At least three (03) years post qualification experience in maintenance of underground mining drill rigs, loaders and dump trucks including complete machine rebuilds.
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance of any or all of the following underground mining equipment is required.
- Sandvik Equipment: LH410, LH514 & LH517 Loaders; TH540 Dump Trucks; DL321 & DL411 long hole drill rigs.
- Epiroc Machines: Scooptram ST14 & ST18 Loaders and Mine Trucks MT436B & MT42
- Specialised knowledge and experience in maintenance and diagnosing faults on specific equipment system such as the following is preferred.
- Diesel Engine: Volvo TAD1340 or TAD1640, Detroit S60 and Cummins QSX15 for underground application
- Sandvik brake and implement hydraulic system applied on TH540 Trucks, LH514 or LH517 loaders.
- Epiroc brake and implement hydraulic system applied on MT436B, MT42, ST14 & ST18 machines
- Kessler and Dana power train components.
- Sandvik DL411 & DL321 Drill rig applied hydraulics and controls system
- Sandvik HL1500 series and 700 series drifters
- Able to read hydraulic & pneumatic system drawings
- Knowledge of power or auto electrical will be added advantage
- Experience in driving and testing of equipment including manual transmission LDVs will be added advantage
- Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) a must.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good timekeeper
- Ability to prioritise tasks and understand impacts of decisions
- Ability to mitigate personnel issues and problems
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment faults and read hydraulic/pneumatic systems schematics.
- Conceptual ability
Ability to supervise workshop general services assistants
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th May 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.