Lumwana Mining Company
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of High Voltage Electrician to join the Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, you will service, repair, install and maintain all High voltage electrical equipment associated within a modern open cast mine to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, policies and legal requirements as directed by the Supervisor – Electrical. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate in identification of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with other LMC Department teams/Contractors as and when required.
- Achievement of maintenance compliance targets in the most cost-effective manner
- Carryout planned and unplanned work as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Electrical engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician in a typical mining environment and need to be able to demonstrate:
- Be very adaptable and team-focused and be able to work rotational shift patterns.
- HV trailing 35mm sq to 120mm sq cable terminations and joining.
- Repair and maintenance of overhead powerlines
- Repair and maintenance of siemens and Amp Control mobile substations
- Knowledge on variable speed drives and soft starters
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Valid MSD HV switching license added advantage.
- Class C manual driver’s license added advantage.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through https://jobs.barrick.com.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.