Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and managing the logistics and supply chain operations of the organization. The job involves planning, implementing and overseeing the overall logistics strategy to ensure efficient and cost-effective transportation, distribution and storage of goods and materials.
Reports to: Logistics Supervisor
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Logistics Officer will be required to perform the following tasks:
Compliance with Safety Standards:
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures are always adhered to.
- Observe maximum Safety in the workplace.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Ensure daily assessments are conducted to ensure good housekeeping.
- Work hand in hand with the Safety coordinator to ensure all incidents in the Section are reported, remedial measures enforced, and appropriate safety training conducted.
- Wear correct PPE and ensure they adhere to the policy.
- Oversight of packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment
- Oversee customer-based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Provide/or suggest a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators.
- Manage and maintain Logistics Vendors to operating levels to avoid supply disruptions.
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory in transit.
- Liaise with Zambia Revenue Authority regarding Export and Import.
- Sort out insurance for goods to exported.
- Must be conversant with international freight.
- Implement logistics strategies and procedures to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external vendors to ensure efficient and effective logistics operations.
- Manage transportation and distribution activities to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Monitor and track shipment schedules to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Prepare reports and analyze data to identify areas of improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and company policies and procedures related to logistics and supply chain management.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all logistics activities.
- Ensure Ethical and Compliant purchasing occurs.
- Achieve high level of Customer satisfaction through excellent in identifying, and bridging gaps in HCMZ and supply chain.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the current Vendors.
- Communicate effectively on job expectations.
- Liaising with Internal customers for forecasted logistics Requirements
- Manage initiative regarding Reducing Logistics Cost
- Maintain and enhance Customer relations.
- Queries quickly resolved efficiently and effectively.
Skill GAP improvement of workforce
- Strengthen specific product knowledge or skills needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Completing assigned Trainings.
Perform additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management or any related field.
- Three (3) – Five (5) years’ experience working in Parts, Warehousing and Logistics
- Valid and endorsed Driver’s license.
Job Specific Competencies
- Proficient in computer (Excel, word and power point)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Leadership
Contract Duration: Permanent
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected] , or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Sunday 14th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.