Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
The incumbent will be required to source suitable and reputable suppliers to ensure high quality goods and services are procured for the HCMZ economically and timely.
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Buyer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Plan Procurement activities.
- Determine best procurement methods.
- Source suitable suppliers as and when required.
- Negotiate favorable payment and delivery terms with suppliers.
- Negotiate better deals with the company suppliers in order to make savings.
- Manage and expedite new PO’s daily (load & issue).
- Open PO’s monitored weekly & followed up on time.
- Decide on non-performing suppliers and terminate (supplier evaluation).
- Delivery of stock is consistently followed-up with suppliers (condense lead time by ensuring that all stock is correctly packaged etc.) timeously.
- Source emergency items on time.
- Submit invoices and delivery notes to finance for payment on time.
Manage parts discrepancies for emergency and stock orders
- Notify suppliers immediately of shortages, damaged and/or incorrect items and ensure they are received on time.
- Re-orders processed immediately for shortfall items depending on urgency according to procedure.
- Acquisition of goods and services coordinated timely from the right sources in line with the principle of value for money.
- Suppliers communicated to timely on quality of goods and services in line with the company policy.
- Local purchase orders raised accurately and on time
- Vendor tax invoices scrutinized and forwarded to finance for payment accurately and on time.
- End users advised on ETA’s for goods on back order accurately and on time.
- Back order managed accurately and on time.
- Vendors managed effectively.
Manage team and individual performance;
- SMART annual performance objectives set.
- HR policies and procedures adhered to.
- Formal performance undertaken twice annually and performance objectives achieved by team members as set out in job profile/ performance agreement.
- Recruitment process adhered to in line with company procedures and policies.
- Orientation done within 1 month of appointment in line with company procedures and policies.
- Personal development plan developed for the team annually.
- Training needs submitted within a specified time frame.
- Coaching and counseling conducted to meet individual needs.
Maintain and enhance Customer relations;
- Harness continued customer loyalty.
- Conduct positive customer survey.
- Resolve all queries quickly and effectively.
- Provide advise to the end users on acquisition of goods and services.
Safety standards are adhered to;
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Rectify and report unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations, to the relevant supervisor.
Perform additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Business Administration, Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- MSc in a Supply Chain related programme – added advantage
- Four (4) – Six (6) years’ experience in the mining environment and/or industry.
- Member of ZIPS – Mandatory
- Valid Driver’s license.
Job Specific Competencies
- Proficient in computer (Excel, word and power point)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Leadership
Duration: Three (3) year Fixed Term Contract
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Sunday 7th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.