Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To inspect and repair high voltage electrical systems on Hitachi Electric Drive Trucks, and to carry out planned and preventative maintenance tasks on the High Voltage electrical equipment and systems on the electrical mining fleet.
Reports to: Assistant Site Manager
The High Voltage Electrician will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect and maintain high voltage electrical systems on Hitachi Electric Drive Trucks, including wiring, charging systems, and battery systems.
- Diagnose and repair high voltage electrical problems on Hitachi Electric Drive Trucks.
- Perform regular maintenance and safety checks on high voltage electrical systems.
- Adhering to the Company planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Attending to unscheduled repairs at the workshop area and effectively maintaining the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the mining production.
- Communicate with other team members and management to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Installation of new electrical systems or components, and replacement of old, faulty or redundant electrical systems or components as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Comply with all incident reporting and hazard identification policies.
- To promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency.
- Responsible for Zambian statutory electrical inspections.
- Perform additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Power Electrical or better.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience.
- Full Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Strong understanding of electrical codes and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Experience working with Hitachi electric drive trucks or equipment is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good Communication & Listening Skills
- Safety and Quality Awareness
- Advanced knowledge of Machines & Equipment
- Action Orientation / Initiative
- Planning and Organizing
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd January, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.