Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To overseeing the assembly of heavy mining equipment and machinery at a manufacturing facility and working closely with a team of assembly technicians to ensure that all equipment is assembled efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
REPORTS TO: ASSEMBLY MANAGER
The Mechanical Supervisor will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Overseeing the assembly of heavy mining equipment and machinery at the customers site of operations.
- Leading a team of assembly technicians to ensure that all equipment is assembled efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
- Delegate daily jobs to subordinates.
- Reviewing and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications to ensure that equipment is assembled to the required standards
- Coordinating with logistics and internal parts teams to ensure that all necessary parts and materials are available when needed.
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory of assembly materials and supplies.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and quality standards throughout the assembly process.
- Scheduling and coordinating the delivery of equipment to the customer.
- Ensure daily reports are completed and submitted to the Manager.
- Ensure all queries are quickly and effectively resolved to improve on customer satisfaction.
- Conduct coaching and mentoring on team members.
- Ensure training needs of subordinates identified and submitted to relevant sections.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, Regulations and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Work hand in hand with the Safety coordinator to ensure all incidents on the Project are reported, remedial measures enforced and appropriate safety training conducted.
- Ensure employees wear correct PPE at all times and ensure they adhere to the policy.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of an Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair
- Diploma in Heavy Equipment Repair/Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 5 years on heavy equipment machinery in a mining environment.
- Must have a background in assembly and High Voltage Systems
- Knowledge of heavy machinery and equipment maintenance is mandatory.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Practicing Member of EIZ.
- Knowledge of Safety Standards
- Knowledge of the use of parts and service manuals
- Fundamentals of Electricity Knowledge
- Fundamentals Hydraulics Knowledge
- Excellent people Management Skills and team Building
- Good communication skills with supervisory experience
- Problem Solving and analytical skills
- Cost Awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30th January, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.