Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To develop and implement Branch plans as aligned to Corporate Strategy and manage all aspects of the Branch Operations on a day-to-day basis for achievement of HCMZ business goals and objectives.
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Branch Manager will be required to perform the following tasks:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Submit accurate monthly reports to management;
- Ensure Market share is increased and retained;
- Ensure Market practices are aligned with business objectives;
- Increase and maintain market share in equipment sales;
- Ensure Expenditure is within approved budget on a monthly basis;
- Ensure Forecast is performed within the set time frame;
- Ensure Forecast is performed with budget targets;
- Compare Expenditure to Approved Budget on a monthly basis;
- Ensure lost sales are analyzed and discussed;
- Seek ways to address lost customers;
- Upselling of HCMZ’s Construction Machinery’s Local product offerings
- Ensure queries are solved to the satisfaction of the Company/Customer;
- Clients satisfied as per customer survey
- Ensure logistical & procurement processes are aligned with business objectives;
- Ensure procurement is performed at correct cost & quality;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements & company policies and procedures;
- Ensure transport is arranged according to customer requirements;
- Ensure timely delivery to customer and notifying customer of progress of goods
- Ensure evaluation processes are conducted regularly;
- Set SMART annual performance objectives;
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure formal Performance Management is undertaken twice annually and performance objectives achieved by team members as set out in job profile/ performance agreement;
- Ensure Recruitment process is adhered to in line with company procedures and policies;
- Ensure orientation is done within 1 month of appointment in line with company procedures and policies;
- Set Personal Development Plans for the team annually;
- Submit the training needs of the team within a specified time frame;
- Ensure coaching and counseling is conducted to meet individual needs;
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements;
- Ensure practices are aligned with ISO 9001/2000 standard and requirements;
- Ensure unqualified audit reports (controllable) are done;
- Ensure Corporate Governance & Company Policies are adhered to at all times;
- Monitor Compliance at the Branch;
- Ensure debt is collected in accordance with set targets and time frame;
- Ensure BEE Strategy and Standards are adhered to at all times;
- Monitor service levels of vendors;
- Ensure remedial actions are implemented to address problem areas.
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to;
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safety regulations;
- Promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency;
- Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures adhered to at all times.
- Ensure unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations are rectified and reported;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management. A Masters will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 6 years in a Mining Equipment Industry with focus on Heavy Equipment Machinery.
- Valid driver’s license
- Member of the relevant Professional Body
- Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Product & aftermarket knowledge
- Financial background & acumen
- Advanced knowledge of Machines & Equipment
- Technical background
- People Management Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Cost Awareness
- Strategy formulating and execution
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.