Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
Ensure that all hydraulic components are stripped, assessed, repaired, assembled and tested according to HCM standards.
Reports to: Hydraulics Supervisor
Branch: Reman Lusaka
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Artisan, Hydraulics will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Daily assessment performed to ensure good housekeeping.
- Disassemble and assess hydraulic components pumps, motors & cylinders (internal parts)
- Cleaning and preparing parts for the assembly.
- Complete the assembly report accurately.
- Ensure disassembled parts are traced and placed on the allocated places.
- Ensure all the parts for assembling of the components are requisitioned.
- Ensure correct parts are received from the warehouse.
- Ensure the assembly procedures and standards are followed.
- Test hydraulics components based on the HCM standards
- Ensure daily reports are completed and submitted to the Supervisor.
- Finalize Reports and take photos and submit to supervisor.
- Ensure Job cards and work order are completed with all necessary details captured correctly (including time started and finished, parts used, additional work required with parts lists needed; the number of people for the task and the duration – hours to complete).
- Ensure safety standards are observed at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair, Mechanical Technician or better.
- Minimum of 1 year’ experience in a similar field (Preferable workshop experience)
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Job Specific Competencies
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good communication skills
- ble to operate a forklift and Crane
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Monday 1st August, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.