Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To source suitable and reputable suppliers to ensure high quality goods and services are procured for the company on time at the best value in line with company procedures and goals.
Reports to: Import and Export Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Buyer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure Procurement activities are planned.
- Determined best procurement methods.
- Source suitable suppliers as and when required.
- Negotiated favorable payment and delivery terms with suppliers.
- Negotiate good deals with the company suppliers in order to make savings.
- Ensure open PO’s are monitored weekly & followed up on time.
- Decided on non-performing suppliers and terminate (supplier evaluation).
- Ensure delivery of stock is consistently followed-up with suppliers (shorten lead time by ensuring that all stock is correctly packaged etc) timeously.
- Ensure emergency items sourced on time.
- Submit to finance invoices and delivery notes for payment.
- Notify supplier immediately of shortages, damaged / incorrect items received.
- Process re-orders immediately for shortfall items depending on urgency according to procedure.
- Raise local purchase orders accurately and on time
- Scrutinizing vendor tax invoices and forwarding to finance for payment on time.
- Advise the end users on ETA’s for goods on back.
- Ensure back order managed accurately and on time.
- Utilized staff skills correctly to ensure accurate and timely task completion (i.e. use people with the necessary skills).
- Resolve all queries quickly and effectively.
- Provided advise to the end users on acquisition of goods and services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/CIPS or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in procurement in Mining/Factory/Industrial environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Member of the relevant professional body.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Customer Relationship Skills
- Good knowledge on vendor sourcing
- People Management Skills
- Planning and Organising Skills
- Communication & Listening Skills
- Conflict Handling Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Cost Awareness/Budgeting
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Business
- Good understanding of country laws and regulation governing procurement of goods and services
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Sunday 12th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.