Purpose of the role:
To provide technical support including maintenance, installations, testing of equipment, commissioning, and troubleshooting as well as to provide general IT support.
Reports to: IT Business Systems Support
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Desktop Support Analyst will be required to perform the following tasks:
Conduct IT policy training to all stakeholders to ensure compliance as required.
- Set up all new computers, cell phones and any other devices for staff when required.
- Rebuild old computers for repurposing as required.
- Maintain all printers to always ensure functionality.
- Provide support for all IT infrastructure regarding hardware, software, and network requirements.
- Enforce system operating procedures for User Desktop systems (Passwords, Level Of access, User Virus Updates, Mail delivery)
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly procedures as scheduled (e.g., Patch Management, Virus Scans, Event Logs)
- Support employees remotely, if possible, to ensure effective and timeous IT support.
- Arrange transportation for IT hardware to various sites according to requirements.
- Assist visitors with connectivity requirement as and when required.
- Support of all desktop software and hardware including rebuilds corrective action in case of hardware / software failure for all desktops.
- Assist in the procurement of IT goods though specifying requirements and obtain quotations from suppliers when required.
- Ensure all documentation regarding procurement is signed off by the correct stakeholders and filed accordingly.
- Ensure movement of IT equipment and hardware is always accounted for.
- Ensure the disposal of assets is done according to company specifications.
- Obtain all relevant documentation regarding waste disposal and file accordingly.
- Report on all disposal of waste accordingly.
- Assist in the creation of any IT documentation to ensure compliance.
- File all IT documentation accurately.
- Ensure IT projects are documented, managed in time, scope, and budget.
- Assist in the implementation of IT projects.
- Ensure endpoint security is installed and up to date on computers.
- Ensure that operating systems are all up to date.
- Report on status monthly.
Organization Culture and Values
- Ensure Kenkijin philosophy, values, principles, and behaviors are promoted and established through the business unit.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have Grade 12 General Certificate of Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- Cisco Certified Network Associate recommended
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years’ experience
- Membership to the relevant body
Job Specific Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Excel and MS Word) and able to use MS Dynamics AX)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical Support
- Network Support Cabling
- Server Operations Systems (AD, GP, DC, DNS, DHCP)
Duration: One (1) year Fixed Term Contract
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is 14th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.