Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Purpose of the role:
To review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching, and facilitating.
Reports to: Risk and Compliance Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Internal Controls Officer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation and execution of the audit plan.
- Report internal control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Provide support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
- Improve internal control awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure integrity of the Business Office transactions in the country.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required.
- Ensure all escalated audit exceptions open in the business office are properly closed.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant Control and compliance reports.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate – Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounts, Social Sciences, or its equivalent.
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar role
- Auditing and internal Control
- Regulatory Laws
- Fraud and Operational Risk
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team Player
Duration: Permanent Contract
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter scanned in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is 1st February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.