Our client, Charles R. Drew University, is looking for an eligible and qualified individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Rise Up! Project
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: CDU Zambia Country Program Director
Description of Rise Up! Project:
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is part of a consortium of four historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the United States, which is working to support select Ministry of Health Level One hospitals in Zambia. The HBCU Global Health Consortium projects are designed to transform clinical HIV practice to provide high quality, comprehensive, inter-professional care and treatment to people living with HIV. The Rise Up! Project seeks to improve linkage and retention in HIV care and treatment for 15-24year-old HIV-positive females. The youth friendly HIV peer navigation services efficiently link HIV-positive adolescent girls and young women to HIV care, treatment, and psychosocial support. Rise Up! Project activities also support HIV-negative girls to maintain their HIV status.This is a PEPFAR supported project.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the CDU Zambia Country Program Director and 3 Rise Up! House Coordinators with the day-to-day program work as requested.
- Make travel-related arrangements including hotels, shuttles, tickets, etc.
- Provide logistical and procurement support for trainings, workshops, conferences, and events.
- Prepare onboarding documentation for review by the CDU Zambia Country Program Director for all newly hired staff.
- Collect quotations, tax invoices and delivery notes from vendors
- Compile support documentation such as procurement requests, contracts, travel authorizations, travel advances, travel reconciliations, travel vouchers.
- Process and reconcile travel advances to CDU partners and staff.
- Serve as an assistant to Country Program Director to ensure all bookkeeping is in order.
- Assist with procurement management, customs clearing, and inventory management of all assets.
- Assist in the execution of daily financial transactions such as issuing and obtaining approval for check requests and petty cash vouchers.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Rise Up! Coordinators funds requests in close coordination with the Country Program Director.
- Assist in maintaining internal bookkeeping procedures that adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Assist the central team with annual budget preparation exercises. Track petty cash and bank logs
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate in Business Administration or Accountancy (A Diploma would be an added advantage)
- Accounting, Bookkeeping or related field and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in managing budgets and collaborating with multiple projects.
- Creativity and flexibility to create administrative systems to improve operations for a growing organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and follow directions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication.
- Familiarity with US Government funded programs and NGOs in Africa.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- 2-4 years of work experience in accounting related to NGO programs.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is preferred with Hands on Administrative Support Experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel And MS Outlook a Must
- Knowledge of Operating Standard Office Equipment
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Ability to Prioritize Projects and Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Research Skills and Attention to Detail
Gross Monthly Salary: Competitive
This position is for local Zambia hire.
If interested in this career opportunity, kindly send ONLY your CV and a cover/ application letter to [email protected] by 24 June 2020 23:59 hours, Zambian time. Please do not submit additional materials. Kindly put your name and the position you’re applying for in the title of the email. Applicants who fail to follow these application instructions will be disqualified from further consideration.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates that have followed these specific instructions will be considered and contacted. Please note that if you have not heard from us by 30th June 2020, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV will be kept in our database for any suitable positions that might arise in the future.