Website HOPE worldwide Zambia
HOPE Worldwide Zambia (HwwZ) is a Faith Based Organization
HOPE worldwide Zambia (HwwZ) is looking for an experienced M&E individual to start work immediately. This is for a three-months consultation basis.
The M&E Consultant will develop, review and implement a robust Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning framework and tools to facilitate measurement of progress; enhance compliance of programmes and projects within HOPE worldwide Zambia Network standards.
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Developing work plans, M&E Plan and results frameworks.
- Develop project Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and facilitate its revision as and when required.
- Evaluation of impact- conduct impact evaluations to assess the long-term effects of programs.
- Provide recommendations for scaling up successful interventions or discontinuing ineffective ones.
- Advisory Role – provide strategic advice to the organization based on M&E findings.
- Recommend innovations and improvements based on evaluation findings
- Facilitate final project evaluation
- Design M&E toolkits with data collection instruments for surveys (household surveys, community interviews, key informants, FGDs) to be used by staff and stakeholders.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of programs and projects.
- Development of data entry templates and carryout data analysis for project components.
- Conducting Data Quality Assessments and ensure data quality control mechanisms are in place.
- Contribute to the preparation of project profiles, concept notes and full-fledged project documents.
- Prepare annual report and other ad hoc reports as requested by resource partners.
- It is essential that the job holder shows a good understanding of the operations of the business of HOPE worldwide Zambia and principles, commitment to its vision and mission as well as HOPE worldwide Zambia values. Be culturally sensitive
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, or Statistics)
- 2 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation and proven ability for end of year project evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing – Excellent analytical skills
The Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant is expected to spend a minimum of 20% of his/her time in the project sites
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning,
- Excellent oral /communication skills
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Fluent in English and any Zambian local language.
- 2 years’ work experience
- Working under pressure and prioritizing work demands effectively
- Consultancy/ supervisory position
- Good communication skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Good knowledge of project management principles
- Risk management mindset
- Leadership Skills.
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
- Previous experience working with an NGO
- Building of Effective Relationships
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the close of business on 3rd November, 2023.