Date: April 27, 2023
Summary: The cashier will make use of technical and financial skills to track and manage patient cash flows, credit, and insurance payments, while also assisting reception staff with patient booking and in-clinic coordination.
- Preferably a Diploma in Accounting
- Strong math and computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Experience in healthcare billing preferred
- Knowledge of Unumed HMS software a plus
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical ability required to review daily reports and logging.
- Good oral and written communication skills to work with various payers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while providing oversight to additional staff
- Minimum of two years experience in a hospital business office as a Cashier.
- Assist receptionist with patient coordination; schedule follow-up visits and answer calls/books appointments as necessary.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of stringent credit policies; routinely call patients who have been extended credit and have not settled debts
- Handle all payments accurately enter daily payment activities (credit, insurance, cash, check, payment for previous visit) into software management system
- Fill out and file insurance forms for payment as requested
- Receive EFTs for corporate/insurance payments
- Transfer income activities to QuickBooks system on a daily basis
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports from Hospital financial data.
- Transfer income activities into accounting applications such as Unumed HMS and ensure the integrity of entered data.
- Makes sure the Accounts Office is informed of any unusual and significant issues that may affect the daily balancing of the accounts receivable
- Posts zero payments to the appropriate account and makes notes required for follow-up
- Perform any other lawful duties as assigned
Job application procedure
- Candidates that meet the requirements are to send their updated CVs ONLY with the expected Net Salary to [email protected]
- Before Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 17: 00hours.