Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following position to be based at our Country Office in Lusaka;
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR X 1 (LUSAKA – 2 YEARS CONTRACT)
The Human Resource and Organizational Development Coordinator will report to the Country Human Resource and Organizational Development Manager (CHRODM). The position will provide human resources (HR) support to Plan office for effective delivery of HR services and functions. This includes advising Line Managers and staff on all HR matters, recruitment, performance Management, HR administration and employee relations in accordance with HR Plan policies to ensure compliance and in line with Zambian Labour laws.
- Supports Country Human Resource and Organizational Development Manager in the implementation of HR policies to ensure compliance with organizational, statutory policies and laws on Human Resource and Labor legality matters.
- Prepare vacancy advertisements, short list, coordinate and participate in the interviews when required and prepare corresponding reports as per need.
- In coordination with (CHRODM) and line managers, identify training needs for various categories of staff, and participate in the design of in-house staff training programs.
- Ensure that all new staff are hired in the Human Resource Information system (HRIS), terminated staff are de-activated timely and run the necessary report from HRIS on a monthly basis. Facilitate the completion of all staff performance appraisals accurately and timely in HRIS and follow up on missing appraisals.
- Monitor in the system to ensure that time sheets for all staff are filled in on time and submitted. The right Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is aligned in the system for the different projects that staff are spending time on and that all WBS for ended projects are removed from the system timely.
- Facilitate the annual appraisal process, monitoring compliance with the timetable and working with the Line Managers to ensure consistency of quality in appraisal documentation.
- Oversee and review the renewal of the medical scheme, provide day to day administration of staff benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits.
- Compile and coordinate implementation of annual leave plans and maintain an up-to-date leave register.
- Organize and coordinate an effective orientation and induction program for staff at Country Office and Program Area levels in line with the Plan Zambia Recruitment Policy.
- Act as a focal person between the HR department and other Plan Zambia offices in the Programme Units and proactively manage incoming/outgoing correspondences ensuring response deadlines are met.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Public Administration/Business or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) with a valid practicing certificate.
- Proven skills in the full range of general HR functions.
- Skills in supporting strategic planning and human resourcing requirements.
- Analytical and good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and well versed in computerized Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Accountability and honesty.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Team-playing skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 20th November, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.