SOS Children’s Villages Zambia
External Job Advertisement
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a childcare and development non-governmental organization working in 134 countries. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the under listed job positions.
Human Resource Officer – Lusaka
Provide technical support to line managers, co-workers on the management of human resources.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection: Handling of recruitment and selection process of new staff including job analysis, review/ design job description, design job advert, prepares rating sheets, interview, select and offer.
- Supports Industrial Relations: Assisting in the handling of Industrial Relations matters in the locations.
- Staff orientation, training & development: Monitor staff orientation processes, staff training, Counseling & development needs in all the facilities.
- Assists in performance management: Assists the Human Resources Manager in the implementation of the national performance management / appraisal system, ensuring co-workers receive regular reviews and formal appraisals. To undertake project work and policy development work.
- Administers remuneration & Human Resource policies: Assists in the administration of Human Resource policies including the salaries & benefits as well as leave records. Maintains and reports on key HR and management information as required on turnover, establishment and best value performance indicators.
- Management Support: Actively track and advise management on labour law changes and policy requirements thereof.
- Reports: Prepare quarterly and annual human resource statistical reports.
- Reports directly to the Human Resources and Administration Manager
- Work in close cooperation with all Location Managers and Facility Heads in providing technical advice and support.
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Minimum of a degree in human resource management, business administration, Public Administration or similar.
- 3-5 years specialist experience in human resource management with reputable organization
- Active Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Zambian Labour Laws and best Human Resources practices
- Experience with the Dove Human Resources Information Management System will be an added advantage.
- Experience with international NGOs human resource management will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Good oral / written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Understanding of Human Resource Management information systems, performance management systems, compensation / remuneration systems, job evaluation, personnel planning, recruitment processes etc.
- Knowledge of human resource management policies, strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of national labour laws, employment legislation and good Human Resource practises etc.
- Strong planning, organising and problem solving skills.
Note: All applicants should be very conversant with child’s rights programming and safeguarding
To be considered for the position, apply to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia,
Plot # 23217 / 35,
PHI, Off Police Post Road,
P.o. Box 37907,
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th June, 2018