Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Human Resources Assistant for its Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) project, operating in Western Province.
The position will be based in Mongu district.
Priority will, therefore, be given to qualified applicants who are residents of Mongu.
Reporting: The position reports to the Project Manager on day-to-day operations and to the Assistant Human Resources Manager on Human Resources (HR) matters.
1. Job summary/responsibilities
- Facilitate and participate in the recruitment, selection, on-boarding and off-boarding processes according to set policies and procedures
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward project and organizational objectives
- Ensure that all local contracts are attested by the local labour office
- Manage and track all contracts, liaise with various supervisors on way forward upon expiry of contracts
- Ensure that leave plans for each employee are submitted at the beginning of the year/contract: Monitor leave accruals and track all leave taken monthly. Ensure all leave applications are duly signed and filed in employee personnel files
- Ensure each employee completes and submits Time-sheets at the end of the month
- Ensure that all personnel files are updated at all times including ensuring that all audit requirements are adhered to.
- Responsible for tracking staff performance and development ensuring that all performance plans, coaching sessions are recorded, and final appraisals are placed on file.
- Ensure that all personnel files have all necessary documentation as per personnel file checklist.
- Be the link on Human Resources (HR) matters between the project and national HR office.
2. Basic Requirements
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM), with valid practising licence
- At least two (02) years’ experience in a Human Resources role
- Understanding the interpretation and application of labour laws
- Competence using Microsoft applications and internal systems. Familiarity with HR information systems will be a distinct advantage
- Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received by 27th November, 2022.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Applicants must indicate in the application letter, the current, or the last gross salary received.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit to these E-mails: [email protected], with copy to [email protected]
Qualified residents of Mongu district are particularly encouraged to apply.