Website United Nations World Food Programme
Based in Lusaka Zambia, the incumbent reports to the Head of Human Resources. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Liaise with other internal units on HR related matters, and provide necessary information to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the supervisor including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
Standard Minimum Requirements:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or Industrial Psychology.
Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least one year in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
- Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language
Deadline: 23rd February 2018
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www1.wfp.org/careers →