African Parks Zambia
Position Title: Human Resources Officer
Reports to: Park Manager
Location: Kafue National Park
Type of contract: Fixed Contract
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organisation that takes on the complete responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. We currently manage 22 national parks and protected areas in 12 countries covering over 20 million hectares in: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, the Republic of Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To provide support to the Park Manager in ensuring Greater Kafue Landscape Limited applies the highest standards in human resources management in order to facilitate the implementation of the Conservation Strategy.
1. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Park Manager in the Implementation of human resources management as per the Business Plan;
- Prepares contracts and ensures that they are compliant with both GKLL and Zambia national standards;
- Supports line managers to ensure appropriate training and capacity building of staff;
- Maintains accurate HR data and provide reports for management decisions;
- Works with the Regional Human Resource Manager and Park Manager to ensure communication is cascaded to all staff, on human resources issues;
- Carry out recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance, renewals and exits;
- Manages GKLL staff payroll;
- Provide support to management to ensure the compliance of both the AP Zambia policies and the labour laws;
- Responds to queries and requests for information on HR policies, working conditions, performance management systems and crisis management issues;
- Monitor the performance management outputs, liaise with management to develop and implement performance improvement and capacity building plans;
- Maintain HR data and statistics and provide regular reports to the Park Manager and Regional Human Resource Manager to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Supports the development and implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System including; risk management, incident management, injury management, first aid program and workers compensation and rehabilitation;
- Carrying out regular internal audits on field projects on HR issues;
- Works closely with, and seeks support from, the Finance and the Heads of Departments, and liaises regularly with the Regional Human Resource Manager and
- Performs other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management, or other related field;
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources;
- Proven track record human resources administration and management;
- At least 5 years professional experience in human resources management at a senior level
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
African Parks Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants for this position must have a clean record and traceable references. Candidates must include a day time contact number.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 2 contactable references, along with certified copies of NRC and relevant Qualifications.
Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to [email protected] by 15 November 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. GKLL reserves the right not to employ.