Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following positions in Lusaka, Chongwe and Chiengi;
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER X 1 (LUSAKA), 2 YEARS CONTRACT
The Human Resource Officer will report to the Country Human Resource and Organisational Development Manager (CHRODM). The position will provide human resources (HR) support to the SUN II Project for effective delivery of HR services and functions. This includes advising Project Managers and staff on all HR matters, recruitment, performance management, HR administration and employee relations in accordance with HR Plan policies to ensure compliance and in line with Zambian Labour laws.
- Support (CHROD) Manager in the implementation of HR policies to ensure compliance with organizational, statutory policies and laws on Human Resource and Labor legality matters.
- Protecting and calming employees, updating them, and addressing grief issues
- Prepare employment contracts and reference letters for new staff as advised by the (CHROD) Manager.
- Organize and coordinate an effective orientation and induction program for staff at Country Office and Program Area levels under the Project in line with the Plan Zambia Recruitment Policy.
- Act as a focal person between the HR department and other Plan Zambia offices in the Program Areas and proactively manage incoming/outgoing correspondences ensuring response deadlines are met.
- To be responsible for providing information, knowledge and promoting Plan International’s principles and ways of working
- Prepare vacancy advertisements, short list, coordinate and participate in the interviews when required and prepare corresponding reports as required.
- Ensure that all the project staff are registered in the HRIS.
- Managing pay and benefits, medical scheme, provide day to day administration and answer queries from staff regarding any HR issues.
- Coordinate operational planning to help identify staffing needs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Public Administration/Business or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO/NGO environment.
- Must be a paid-up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- Must have proven skills in the general HR functions
- Analytical and good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and well versed in computerized Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Accountability and honesty.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language and other local languages
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Team-playing skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 15 January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.