Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER – EMPLOYEE LOGISTICS (x1)
This position reports to the HR Superintendent – Employee Logistics
Core purpose of the position
To assist the HR Superintendent – Employee Logistics to manage and monitor employee transport, the camp, shift rosters, food for miners, management of outside medical services and supervision of Time and Attendance Clerks.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
Assist the HR Superintendent – Employee Logistics in Camp management related tasks in
- Forecasting manning and ensuring the camp has enough capacity.
- Camp booking management and documentation
- Ensure compliance to the camp rules by employees.
- Manage all contractors operating at the camp
- Ensure the camp is operated and maintained to an appropriate standard and within budget
Assist the HR Superintendent – Employee Logistics in managing the shift rosters by
- Maintaining oversight of all shift rosters
- Monitoring effective shift work hours
- Seeking optimization opportunities
- Liaising with busing contractors in the enforcement of the busing schedule and heads of department (alerting the of any unavoidable delay).
- Manage contract/s including compliance to timetable, safety of buses and competency of drivers
4. Food (Canteen services and mine bread)
- Assisting the Superintendent -Employee Logistics managing the contractors supplying food to Lubambe employees and ensuring there are no stock outs that can affect the employees morale and dampen employee productivity.
5. Medical Services
- Management of the capitation agreement on employee access to outsourced medical services.
6. Time and Attendance
- Management of the HR time and attendance systems to manage overtime, absenteeism, working patterns and improve employee productivity.
- Strict enforcement of Fatigue rules on the ground
- Quick resolution of individual employees’ attendance and system problems
- Ensuring that every employees time is accurately accounted for
- Timely generation of routine and non-routine T&A reports for payroll and other users
- To cover the T&A clerks when one falls sick or goes on annual leave.
Academic Qualifications and experience :
- Diploma in any Engineering field or HR and related disciplines.
- Grade 12 O level full certificate
- Member of ZIHRM
- Must have minimum of not less than 5 years’ relevant experience preferably a mining industry.
- Allocation and prioritization of work
- T&A management will be an added advantage
- Union interface management
- A self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Team player and result oriented individual.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinking and pro-activeness by having an insight and well-reasoned action steps accompanying all reports to management.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to quickly pick up and understand operational issues impacting on business.
- Ability to produce quick turnaround on urgent requests and ability to create capacity to handle multiple work items.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, word etc. a must.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 8th April 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.