HYDRANGEA ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Hydrangea Enterprises Limited (Hydrangea) is a premier consultancy and technical services company operating in Zambia and several other countries. Hydrangea is in the process of recruiting sixteen (16) experienced Enumerators to conduct a research study in six (6) provinces of Zambia. Hydrangea is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motived individuals to participate in data collection and processing exercises.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Enumerators will be part of a team of researchers that will be undertaking stakeholder engagements in Central, Eastern, Muchinga, Northern, North Western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. The Enumerators will be required to conduct One-on-One Interviews, Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), as well as undertake anthropometric measurements and conduct Health Centre Assessments.
The Enumerators will be responsible for ensuring that quality and authentic data is collected in an ethical and timely manner from participants, and that the data is effectively transmitted to the Team Lead for review and analysis. The following are the key tasks and responsibilities of the Enumerators:
- Actively participate in the Enumerator Training, which among other subjects will include training on the data collection tools and use of data entry as well as processing technology;
- Participate in the testing of the data collection tools as well as review, advise and ensure accurate translations of the research tools and/ or discussions to local languages;
- Capture data using digital data entry technology as well as accurately enter, save and transmit data via online platforms daily (preferably in real time);
- Identify, document and report any challenges faced during the stakeholder engagement processes that could affect the quality of the data that would be collected by the Enumerators;
- Administer structured and semi-structured questionnaires and record data on provided forms using Tablets;
- Participate in all debriefing meetings;
- Moderate Focus Group Discussions and carry out in-depth interviews as well as take detailed notes that can be used to aid data analysis;
- Participate in conducting child anthropometry measurements;
- Transcribe all recorded interviews; and,
- Ensure the safeguarding and confidentiality of stakeholders that will be engaged during the assignment in full compliance of Hydrangea’s Data Management Protocol.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health, Nutrition, Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) related sciences, Public Health, Clinical Sciences or Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences, with three (3) years of experience working with children;
- Must have working knowledge and experience in Nutrition, Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) as well as working on health issues for infants and children aged below five (5);
- Uninterrupted availability and willingness to continuously travel within Zambia and remote areas of the aforementioned six (6) provinces for period of at least 30 calendar days;
- Must be capable to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Must be fluent in English and Local Zambian Languages, that is, an Enumerator must have high quality oral/ speaking, reading and writing skills in English as well as Bemba, Tonga, Chewa, Toka-Leya, Tumbuka, Chinyanja, Lenje, Luvale, Lunda and/ or Kaonde;
- Must be a team player and work effectively in a team;
- Previous work experience as a Supervisor of Enumerators will be an added advantage;
- Must have analytical and mathematical skills as well as attention to details;
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the Supervisor by the end of each day;
- Experience in conducting child anthropometry measurements and Nutrition is desired;
- Courteous and able to engage with audiences comprising of or from a diverse range of demographics (including gender, age, and differently abled persons);
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office Packages as well as experience and ability to use digital/ electronic data collection and processing tools/ platforms such as KoboToolBox, mWater, SPSS and Advanced Excel;
- Three (3) years of work experience in data collection and processing, especially in rural parts of Zambia; and,
- Must have good moral and cultural values, particularly in the context of the Zambian environment and rural communities.
To apply for this opportunity, email your application letter, curriculum vitae, three (3) traceable references and your professional qualifications to [email protected] The subject of the email should be ‘Enumerators – (ZM001/ 05/ 22/ 2023)’.
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.