HYDRANGEA ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Hydrangea Enterprises Limited (Hydrangea) is a premier consultancy and technical services company operating in Zambia and several other countries. Hydrangea is in the process of recruiting four (4) experienced Field Supervisors to conduct a research study in Six (6) provinces of Zambia, and to supervise Enumerators. Hydrangea is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motived individuals who will be responsible for managing teams of field Enumerators, and who will conduct Health Centre Assessments.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Supervisors will be part of a team of researchers that will be undertaking stakeholder engagements in Central, Eastern, Muchinga, Northern, North Western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. The Supervisors and Enumerators will be required to conduct One-on-One Interviews, Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), as well as undertake anthropometric measurements and conduct Health Centre Assessments.
The Field Supervisors will be responsible for ensuring that quality and authentic data is collected in an ethical and timely manner from stakeholders in their assigned catchment areas, and that the data is effectively transmitted to the Team Lead for review and analysis. The following are the key tasks and responsibilities of the Field Supervisors:
- Actively participate in the training activity, which among other subjects will include training on the data collection tools and use of data entry as well as processing technology;
- Participate in the testing of the data collection tools as well as reviewing, advising and ensuring accurate translations of the research tools and/ or discussions to local languages;
- Capture data using digital data entry technology as well as accurately enter, save and transmit data via online platforms daily (preferably in real time);
- Drafting a field report detailing key observations, challenges encountered and how they were resolved, and opportunities seized to enhance the efficiency of the data collection.
- Identify, document and report any challenges faced during the stakeholder engagement processes that could affect the quality of the data collected by the Enumerators;
- Provide guidance and support to Enumerators, during the training, pretest and field work;
- Assist in coordinating all debriefing meetings;
- Monitoring progress and coordinating field operations;
- Undertaking courtesy calls on public and civic leaders, as well as the traditional/ royal establishments in the catchment areas;
- Moderate Focus Group Discussions and carry out in-depth interviews as well as take detailed notes that can be used to aid data analysis;
- Ensure that all field work is carried out in compliance with relevant healthy and safety regulations;
- Participate in conducting child anthropometry measurements and nutrition;
- Transcribe all recorded interviews; and,
- Ensure the safeguarding and confidentiality of stakeholders that will be engaged during the assignment in full compliance of Hydrangea’s Data Management Protocol.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Pediatric Nursing, Health, Nutrition, Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) Sciences, Public Health, Clinical Sciences or a Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences with Five (5) years of experience working with children. A Masters’ Degree in the aforementioned fields of study or related subjects will be an added advantage;
- Must have working knowledge and experience in Nutrition, Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) as well as working on health issues for infants and children aged below five (5).
- Experience in conducting Health Centre Facility assessments;
- Uninterrupted availability and willingness to continuously travel within Zambia and remote areas of the aforementioned six (6) provinces for period of at least 30 calendar days;
- Must be capable to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Must be fluent in English and Local Zambian Languages, that is, the field Supervisor must have high quality oral/ speaking, reading and writing skills in English as well as Bemba, Tonga, Chewa, Toka-Leya, Tumbuka, Chinyanja, Lenje, Luvale, Lunda and/ or Kaonde;
- Must be a team player and work effectively with his/ her team;
- Previous work experience as a Field Supervisor for data collection activities in the health, nutrition and WASH assignments is a must;
- Must have analytical and mathematical skills as well as attention to details;
- Experience in conducting child growth measurements (‘Anthropometrics’) and nutrition is desired;
- Courteous and able to engage with audiences comprising of or from a diverse range of demographics (including gender, age, and differently abled persons);
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office Packages as well as experience and ability to use digital/ electronic data collection and processing tools/ platforms such as KoboToolBox, mWater, SPSS and Advanced Excel;
- Five (5) years of work experience in data collection and processing, as well as supervising field teams, especially in rural parts of Zambia; and,
- Must have good moral and cultural values, particularly in the context of the Zambian environment and rural communities.
To apply for this opportunity, email your application letter, curriculum vitae, three (3) traceable references and your professional qualifications to [email protected] The subject of the email should be ‘Field Supervisor – (ZM002/ 05/ 22/ 2023)’.
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.