Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Hygiene and Sanitation Facilitator (2)
Reporting to: Hygiene and Sanitation Coordinator
- Prepare Hygiene and Sanitation sessions to share with the Community members in the local area, as well as in local churches, health facilities and schools.
- Have capacity to implement a variety of H&S approaches according to the context of the community.
- Promote and coordinate activities between the community committees and local government representatives, ensuring the parties commitment of the program sustainability
- Provide training to the local church team on orality, hygiene and church mobilization
- Support the Project Manager/H&S Coordinator by updating and uploading accurate reports into the systems, as needed.
- Create and promote a friendly approach between LWI and the communities to have a better understanding of the targeted area and set up a specific place to start with H&S classes for the communities.
- Work with action plans to promote self-care and self-dependence in the communities.
- Develop or provide information for quarterly reports, stories of success or other special reports when required
- Conduct survey baselines with areas previously established by the office, under the advice of the specialist assigned to the program
- Apply LWI Quality Standards, guidelines and procedures to develop a high-quality H&S program implementation in the community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- College degree in relevant field of Health Education or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in participatory methodologies facilitation in water and sanitation and health issues.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a trainer
- Knowledge of Hygiene and Sanitation issues in country
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Availability to travel inside the country
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred
- Proficiency in local language is a must
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.