Building tomorrow's businesses
I-Rock Technologies Limited (“I-Rock”) is a Zambian-owned technology services company that helps local businesses rethink and transform their approach to innovation, business design, operations, and business growth through our two building blocks: The Lab and The Space.
We are looking for an energetic, committed, deadline-driven business development intern to join our team. The business development intern will complete all tasks assigned by the supervisor, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting with other activities wherever possible. You should be able to work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a business development intern, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding business development interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
We are busy working on a number of projects. Your work will directly impact our efforts with a rapidly growing client list and the long-term success of our company as well as the success of our clients!
Experience: Business Development Intern
A degree in the following will be a PLUS:
Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, Business Management or related field
- Working closely with the supervisor or assigned staff member, and completing all allocated tasks.
- Conducting desktop research, gathering information through surveys, and speaking to clients.
- Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
- Schedules meetings and presentations.
- Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
- Keep client database current and prospective client database updated in the CRM (I-Rock CRM).
- Good technical skills, particularly with sales and marketing programs, Virtual Meeting Platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams), Google Suite (Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good presentational skills
If this is up your alley, please submit your application via this link. We look forward to meeting you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 10th January 2023.