Building tomorrow's businesses
I-Rock Technologies Limited is a Zambian owned technology services company that help local businesses rethink and transform their approach to business growth and innovation through our four building blocks – Automation, The Lab, Creative Space and Marketplaces. We are currently seeking a Full Stack Developer.
As a Full Stack Developer you will be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
We aim to promote a casual, fun, collaborative environment. Education and experience are less important than your ability to code, debug, and invent unique solutions.
We are busy working on a number of projects. Your work will directly impact our efforts with rapidly growing client list and the long-term success of our company as well as the success of our clients!
Experience: 2+ years of experience as PHP Developer/Web Developer
A degree/diploma in the following will be a PLUS:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Or related field
Employment: Part Time
- Developing front end website architecture
- Designing user interactions on web pages
- Developing back end website applications
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with open source content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, etc).
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of HTML/PHP editors like PhpStorm, Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code, Atom Notepad++, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning new technologies
If this is up your alley, please apply with your CV and code samples/portfolio to [email protected] . We look forward to meeting you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 10th June 2020.