Southern Cross Motors
SOUTHERN CROSS MOTORS LIMITED
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – ICT OFFICER
Southern Cross Motors Limited is the only authorised distributor of Mercedes-Benz passenger and Commercial Vehicles, Jeep, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Haval and GWM vehicles in Zambia. The Company has invested heavily in workshops managed by fully trained staff to ensure that our esteemed clients get a world-class service. Our workshops are now recognized as the market leader in the country due to the Company’s commitment to strong work ethics and values that puts quality service delivery to our customers a top priority.
Southern Cross Motors Limited is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of ICT Officer to be based at our Kitwe Branch.
Job Title: ICT Officer
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Purpose of the Job:
The ICT Officer is responsible for the maintenance of ICT Hardware, Software and Networks to ensure acceptable working conditions of systems at all times will assist the ICT Manager in the implementation of the ICT policies and strategies, supports business continuity and disaster recovery plan activities, administers systems security procedures and provide day to day user support activities.
- Provide first point of ICT support to Kitwe Branch users and any other Southern Cross Motors employee.
- Maintaining the Organisation’s network infrasture
- Carryout in-house preventative maintenance of all computers, network devices and power back-up systems.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange server and ensure the services are available at all times through the arganisation.
- Document network processes, procedures, problems and resolutions for future reference while also maintaining system documentation and administering and support of Automation Evolve System (DMS) for the company
- Management of OEM Parts catalogue servers and vehicle diagnostic machines (On-Premise and cloud based)
- Manage server backups and perform restores during disasters
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the printers, telephone system (including the PABX) in the organisation
- Training users on the use of southern cross motor systems
- Updating and monitoring user accounts for the various onsite and internet- based applications in the use by the organisation.
- Maintaining of active directory , DHCP and DNS servers
- Maintaining up to date antivirus on all rnachine in the organisation
- Preparation and execu tion of annual budget for Kitwe branch
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Full grade twelve School certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related course from an accredited university.
- Minimum four (04) years’ expereince in systems administration and troubleshooting/ maintaining PC, system, or network hardware and software issues.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft PC operating systems,
- Office 365, Windows Server Administration and networking technologies, such as VPN , firewalls, and various LAN technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking sufficient to design, implement and troubleshoot small- medium networks.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and the ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-users.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with little direct supervision.
- Strong learning and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Member of ICTAZ
- CCNA / CCNSP / Sophos Certified Engineer is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Automate Evolve system is an added advantage
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Be of honest and trust worthy character
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve arnbitious goals by creating trust within and amongst work groups.
- Good cammunication and interpersonal skills
- Possesses Technical and analytical skills to manage deadlines
Method of Application:
Interested applicants that meet the above qualifications should send a cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees to the Human Resource Manager, Southern Cross Motors, Plot 14100, Kafue Road, Lusaka
or Email: [email protected] by 6th October 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.